Both lights are out on my 92’ Ford 4830. Considering changing just the bulb over to LED’s. Any issues with doing so? How do the LED bulbs work with the older electrical systems? Any improvement over the plain halogen bulbs? Thanks
 
This may or may not help you, but I just changed the bulbs in my15 F 250, to LED. The old ones were halogen. What a difference. Like night and day! lol Although it is a 8 year old truck, there were no issues in changing the bulb. The really help at night. I used BeamTech bulbs.
 
Both lights are out on my 92’ Ford 4830. Considering changing just the bulb over to LED’s. Any issues with doing so? How do the LED bulbs work with the older electrical systems? Any improvement over the plain halogen bulbs? Thanks
New enough so you're 12 volt, negative ground, no flasher involved, should be fine.
 
It's none of my business what any of you decide on anything, but here's just a general observation. I strongly dislike the LED headlights. They are so bright as to be blinding when I approach a vehicle with them. I don't know if it's possible to dim them in the same way that normal lights can be dimmed, but I've never seen a car dim its LED lights when I, or other cars, have approached them.

Maybe my dilemma is the aiming of the lights rather than the intensity of them, but whatever the reason, I strongly dislike them.
 
I’ve never tried the led bulbs but have led light assemblies on the back of a few tractors and on the front of a 5000
I find them much brighter than other lighting with excellent close range visibility, they don’t seam to have the longer range depth of halogen, but may be the up close brightness messes up my ability to see longer distances

I do agree that some vehicles I’ve met at night are nearly blinding, the ones with the bluish colored head lights are the worst
 
Both lights are out on my 92’ Ford 4830. Considering changing just the bulb over to LED’s. Any issues with doing so? How do the LED bulbs work with the older electrical systems? Any improvement over the plain halogen bulbs? Thanks
If you are using the tractor on a livestock farm, especially cattle, I would strongly recommend not to go LED. These LED light have spooked livestock enough to stamped taking down gates, fences and injuries. Otherwise, if you are just doing crop work, no issues.

LEDs are narrow band, cast odd shadows enough to spook animals to no end. Incandescent bulbs are way too dim. Halogens come in a wide range of wattages and brightness.

If you snow plow or snow removal, some of these LED light-bars wash out the snow so bad, you can't make out what was plowed vs drifted in the LED cool bright white spectrum. And forget using them in the fog. LEDs are the worse.

Pick what works best for your application is all I could recommend.
 
This is a view with LED's I installed on the ROPS bar. I like them, but would probably turn them on if driving down the road.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2750.JPG
    DSCN2750.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 118
If you are using the tractor on a livestock farm, especially cattle, I would strongly recommend not to go LED. These LED light have spooked livestock enough to stamped taking down gates, fences and injuries. Otherwise, if you are just doing crop work, no issues.

LEDs are narrow band, cast odd shadows enough to spook animals to no end. Incandescent bulbs are way too dim. Halogens come in a wide range of wattages and brightness.

If you snow plow or snow removal, some of these LED light-bars wash out the snow so bad, you can't make out what was plowed vs drifted in the LED cool bright white spectrum. And forget using them in the fog. LEDs are the worse.

Pick what works best for your application is all I could recommend.
Makes a difference if they are a spot or a flood LED some bars have both.
 
Why blind oncoming drivers?
I agree that the leds on some vehicles are blinding, but this is about his tractor lights
Any type of tractor lights mounted high on the fenders or top of the cab can be blinding to oncoming traffic on the highway
But those bright LEDs came be very helpful out in the fields

This is a bit of humor with no offense intended but if I’m working a field and my bright oncoming LEDs are blinding, you need to get your drunk but out of my field. 😄
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top