LED Conversion - 12v Guide Lights

I've put these in my MI, still six volt positive ground generator

https://www.ledlight.com/g18-s25-6-24v-non-polarity.aspx

They're a direct replacement. Mine are whiter then the incandescents, which is what I wanted. They also seem SLIGHTLY dimmer. A bit hard to tell, if you had to, look for something with more lumens.

I was thinking of this next time

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/s-series-bulbs/1156-led-bulb-19-led-forward-firing-cluster-6v-and-24v-dc-car-classic-car-bulb/511/

I didn't go for this one at first because the bulbs are all straight ahead, I wondered if they would provide much "side" light, but I think the glass would diffuse it plenty. Though after looking at the specs it lists it as "19 lumens" which doesn't make sense, it should be more then that.

My main reason for switching did work perfectly, the LEDs use a lot less power. The MI stock generator wasn't up to snuff to run my add on rear work light, changing to LEDs has made it no problem.

Brandon
 
You don't say what tractor. HyCapacity has them for the lights with
rubber bezels,
 
(quoted from post at 01:08:33 01/17/16) I've put these in my MI, still six volt positive ground generator

https://www.ledlight.com/g18-s25-6-24v-non-polarity.aspx

They're a direct replacement. Mine are whiter then the incandescents, which is what I wanted. They also seem SLIGHTLY dimmer. A bit hard to tell, if you had to, look for something with more lumens.

I was thinking of this next time

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/s-series-bulbs/1156-led-bulb-19-led-forward-firing-cluster-6v-and-24v-dc-car-classic-car-bulb/511/

I didn't go for this one at first because the bulbs are all straight ahead, I wondered if they would provide much "side" light, but I think the glass would diffuse it plenty. Though after looking at the specs it lists it as "19 lumens" which doesn't make sense, it should be more then that.

My main reason for switching did work perfectly, the LEDs use a lot less power. The MI stock generator wasn't up to snuff to run my add on rear work light, changing to LEDs has made it no problem.

Brandon

I found a pair of 1,350 lumen LED's on Amazon last night with the BA15s base that are $9.

Here is the link:

1156 LED Bulb 1350 Lumens
 
I was thinking of doing the same to get a whiter light on my 6V MT for snow plowing. Any chance you could post back when you get them how they worked? I found GE Nighthawks have a 12 volt sealed beam LED bulb. I put those on my 1020 and they make a much better light and pattern than the stock ones.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top