left brake 641 Ford

Jack Clouse

New User
When I use the left brake of my tractor it works fine except it will not return. I have to put my toe under the brake petal and pull up. What is the best way to fix this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
 
I have greased, oiled, and worked the parts till I think they're very loose which helped some but has not fixed the problem.
 
The answer from "Old Ford Mechanic" is a good one. Buy brake hardware kit for it and replace the springs under the drum and grease the pivot points.

jb
 
Hey, just wanted to give a follow up. I took the springs off, and they looked good and greased the spot where the rod expanded the springs. Put everything back together and the brakes work great. Thank you for all your help. Just a trivia question how could I find out what year the tractor is?
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top