Let's Compare Our Little Case VAs

Adirondack case guy

Well-known Member
OK,
There seams to be a bunch of us who have these little guys. Post a pic of yours with sn# so we can compare notes, and perhaps start a compitition on dressing them up to go to church.
Here is ours, sn# VA5154475.
a82975.jpg
 
here are my two Bro, the one that is apart I got from an estate sale it has new sleeves/pistons/ valves just need to finish her up the 1950 model runs like a watch and has Eagle hitch, no way can I compete with you on resto work cnt tom
a82978.jpg

a82979.jpg

a82980.jpg

a82981.jpg
 
Hay Bro,
Both of yours have the 5 star wheels. Ours has the solid 24" wheels. Thats why I called it a VAI, but it doesn't have a "high 4th". The son was driving it on the upper road and got passed by an Amish guy in a buggy. LOL
Loren
 
LOL I believe all the earlier "VA"'s had the smaller 24" wheel like the "VAI's" I do have two sets of "VAI" wheels one set are on a "VAI", com'on out and help me spruce'm up a little LOL cnt tom
 
You guys have some nice little "VA's". They have been one of my favorite Cases since I was a youngster. I have a few VAC's myself. Some are parts, one I use around the house, and another is a pulling tractor only. I can't wait to see how these restorations play out! I am planning to swap some 67 tooth bull gears I have into the puller and install a chicken roost steering over the winter, or when time and money allow...
 
sure is a nice "VA" must be same vintage as Bro Loren's,, by the way Dan will you take us thru proper starting procedure on a MAG equipped "VA" series?????? LOL LOL cnt tom
 
Funny, the VA is part of the series we don't have many of around here! I have 5 VAC's a VAC-14 and a VAS though! Nice pictures! By the way Dan, that magneto drive is pretty hard to come by. My 1944 VAC chicken roost originally had a magneto but the drive needs work.
 
Yea,should have known this was coming,darn,I think I need some Case schooling Tom,cause I'm slipping! Geez,whats next?! Oh yes,I know!
 
Glad to jump in here with a VA sn #5457948 and VAC-14sn#6001901 Rideing these tractors takes me back to my youth as these were what we had on the farm in the 60's. One day the VAC stalled very abrubtly, and seems to be stuck. You cannot crank it, and yes it did have motor oil in the crankcase. I am afraid somthing has come apart inside.I hold out a faint hope that maybe the clutch flew apart and has jamed the fly wheel. Going to have to tear into it to find out. Bruce
a83061.jpg

a83062.jpg

a83063.jpg
 
Bruce,
Glad you got my message. I didn't know you had a 14 also. The first tractor that I plowed with on my own was a VAC14 with a BR breakaway plow. I remember plowing on a steep hillside, and the plow hooked a ledge. The dam thing rolled all the way down the hill and into a swamp. I had to go back to the farm shop and get a chain and drag it out. I had to use the "donkey dong" like a tine on a fork lift to wright the plow and rehook at the edge of the swamp.The pic. is from our 411B with MTA34 plow, this spring. Same field, same place, just 56 years later. How time flys!!!!
Loren
a83076.jpg
 
I have a va13, a really nice little guy for fooling around in the bush with. 13's are a high arch version good for cultivating, I'm looking for a cultivator for it.
 
Drop the pan and check out the oil pump first. They were bad about searing the woodruf key where the pumping ear is driven by the shaft.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top