Leyland tractor

RockyMo

Member
Hi all, I found a Leyland tractor for sale and I have never heard of them before. Any one know anything about them? Are they good, bad, parts available etc.?
Thanks,

Rocky in MO
 
Brit, I think...there"s a newer forum, I think it"s leylandtractorforum.com, for Leyland, Nuffield, Marshall, BMC, all part of the same outfit(s) (?).
Good luck.
 
yep, build in Britain (Scotland actually), if it is a Leyland and not a Nuffield/Marshall it was built between 1970 and 1983ish. Not bad tractors, engines good especially the 4-98 in the leylands, the earlier BMC motors had a few issues if overworked/fueled. Parts are available, but some may be a little expensive, as the tractors haven"t been made for any years now. Simple and reliable (well as reliable as a 30 some year old can be), their weakest point is probably the hydraulics, they do tend to have a few issues with that, mainly wear related in the pump. The model numbers denote horse power and drive type, thus, a 472 is FWA and 72hp, while an earlier 270 is 2WD and 70hp. hope that helps, oj
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top