Ha Ha. Really funny. I am just trying to get some information so that I can get the lights working before the Christmas parade so that my wife and family can ride on it.
 
SO, (besides changing the bulbs), WHAT other information do you need???

I'm ASSUMING from your original post you have a functioning 12-Volt conversion charging system. Or NOT?
 
If your asking how to brighten up the lights so you can safely drive the tractor using 12 volts. the answer is a bit complex. I would leave the lights it has alone and put two forward facing accessory lights from an auto store on the light bars (possibly under the bars) and attach the wire from them to a new 20 amp on off switch with the other terminal of the switch going to a 20 amp fuse. Then attach the other lead of the fuse to the negative terminal of the 12v battery. then I would attach the positive terminal of the battery to the ground. The lights are grounded through their housing. If you need tail lights, purchase a single tail light (or lights) with a single filament and a red lens. Attach their wire to the same terminal on the new switch that connects to the new head lights. Again the ground is through the mounting hardware. This will make lights that last for several hours with a fully charged battery, and will not keep it from running if it does dim down some. Be sure to charge the battery before leaving it in the cold, and attach the battery (maybe in a marine battery box) tied to the drawbar with ratchet straps.
I hope this is what you wanted. JimN
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top