long 2610 fuel problem

i have a long 2610 it ran fine for a while then one day i thought it ran outta dessel it just shut off woudnt start back and i used eather to start it cause the hand pump didnt have no resetence still woudnt start so i got new filters put a new hand pump on it and put seals in injector pump and it dose the same thing it will run a little while the die it has air in the system again wont let u throttle it or nothing when it starts dieing and ive checked everything over a bunch took all the lines off only thing i can find is it keeps blowing return line off dose any one no what could cause this

i have a long 2610 it ran fine for a while then one day i thought it ran outta dessel it just shut off woudnt start back and i used eather to start it cause the hand pump didnt have no resetence still woudnt start so i got new filters put a new hand pump on it and put seals in injector pump and it dose the same thing it will run a little while the die it has air in the system again wont let u throttle it or nothing when it starts dieing and ive checked everything over a bunch took all the lines off only thing i can find is it keeps blowing return line off dose any one no what could cause this
Hello Austin, welcome to YT! I am not sure if this is possible but I wonder if compression could be getting pushed out of an injector return port. This might offer an explanation of why the hose blows off. It may also indicate that the return line is plugged back to the tank. I would say it should be open with no restrictions. If you could run the engine with hoses connected to the injector return lines and also the pump return and direct them into a container you would be able to see if compression was coming out though them.

it wiil run fine somtimes for a while then all of a sudden it will just die and can it pull air through the return line the return line goes in tank and it has alot of blow by now for some reason

Last edited:
it wiil run fine somtimes for a while then all of a sudden it will just die and can it pull air through the return line the return line goes in tank and it has alot of blow by now for some reason
Look on top of a filter base and see if there’s a leak off line that goes back to the tank. It MIGHT go to the intake heater and injectors leak off line too. The banjo bolt has a small orifice that MIGHT be plugged and needs cleaning. When it’s plugged any trapped air can’t get out of the filter and it will get into the pump and cause shut down. I’ve seen it before on MF tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back