Long 610 injector

Tom Bean

New User
Trying to figure out the injector on a Long 610 I recently bought. Tractor runs but the issue I'm having is that when the shutoff is pulled back to stop the engine it does not stop, but when I move the throttle lever back to idle it stops the engine instead, so the throttle lever acts as the shutoff.
The injector looks like it has been removed before maybe to be worked on?, my question is could the linkage inside the top cover have been hooked up wrong/backwards perhaps, or maybe something else I'm not seeing.
Just wanted to put it out to the injector gurus on here before I go any further with it. Really has me scratching my head, never seen one like this before. Thanks in advance.

Assembled wrong is the annoying thought that kept coming to mind as well, you pretty well confirmed it. I couldn't think of possibly anything else it could be. I'll go with that, remove it and see what I've got to work with.
Thanks for your time and reply.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back