Looking for a new toy

504

Well-known Member
My wife has informed me that it is time to get a new side X side. Anything to stay away from? I’ll look at Honda’s, JD Gators and Yamahas to start with (good dealers)
 
My wife has informed me that it is time to get a new side X side. Anything to stay away from? I’ll look at Honda’s, JD Gators and Yamahas to start with (good dealers)
Neighbor got a JD gator about 3 months ago. He's not happy but I think its more the dealer then the product.
 
Honda is what I have close to 1000 hours on it almost all farm and wood cutting. Had to rebuild the steering few years ago due to bad seal. Had Polaris products and in my book not as good.
 
I don't have one but from what I have been hearing the Polaris Razors are all the rage. It seems that you can get up to 181 HP, so that you can get where you are going quickly.
 
My wife has informed me that it is time to get a new side X side. Anything to stay away from? I’ll look at Honda’s, JD Gators and Yamahas to start with (good dealers)
My wife has informed me that it is time to get a new side X side. Anything to stay away from? I’ll look at Honda’s, JD Gators and Yamahas to start with (good dealers)
Can am HD8 8000 miles 0 repairs
 
I brought a used JD Gator with a small Kawasaki engine that had 2000 hrs on it five years ago. After running a couple of cans of Sea Foam through it its run great and uses no oil although it will only go about 20 mph which is fast enough for my use as I don't have allot of ground to cover with it. I wish it had a hydraulic dump but other than that I'm happy with it.
 
My wife has informed me that it is time to get a new side X side. Anything to stay away from? I’ll look at Honda’s, JD Gators and Yamahas to start with (good dealers)
If you have rocky or tough terrain, nothing out there will ride as well as a Polaris. I have a '95 4wheeler and a '13 side-by-side and they have been absolutely trouble free. SIL has a Honda Pioneer, son has a Kubota and they run good, but ride like a covered wagon.
 
My wife has informed me that it is time to get a new side X side. Anything to stay away from? I’ll look at Honda’s, JD Gators and Yamahas to start with (good dealers)
Work or play? I have a Kawasaki 4010, It's a worker, 20 mph tops, big cargo box,(added on winch,bed lift,heater, soft cab). Polaris gets you there quick if need be and has better suspension, Honda? Well, you just can't go wrong with a Honda. Yamaha Rhino and Kawasaki Teryx are good dual purpose machines. The Deere THD 6X4 is a good work machine as well as their dulal purpose machines. Can Am Defenders are nice but pricey, that is what I originally wanted, however I would find it hard to part with my Mule after eight years of trouble free use.
 
Work or play? I have a Kawasaki 4010, It's a worker, 20 mph tops, big cargo box,(added on winch,bed lift,heater, soft cab). Polaris gets you there quick if need be and has better suspension, Honda? Well, you just can't go wrong with a Honda. Yamaha Rhino and Kawasaki Teryx are good dual purpose machines. The Deere THD 6X4 is a good work machine as well as their dulal purpose machines. Can Am Defenders are nice but pricey, that is what I originally wanted, however I would find it hard to part with my Mule after eight years of trouble free use.
If your asking me work or play.......I have a ranch in the rocky hill country of Tx. and I don't have time to play. 4wheeler is used as a spray rig and side by is used to get around with.
 
Guess it depends on what you want to do with it and what kind of creature comforts you want. I hear some of the bigger Rangers are too wide to use some of the trails in Federal and//or State parks but at the same time have many creature comforts). Miss Candy & I were surveying pole lines all over the country. So we bought a JD RSX860i Gator for 3 reasons.; We needed something fast for on road travel, dealer availability and it had to fit in our toy hauler to get from job site to job site. The JD RSX 860i will go 60 MPH, I know there are other brands that go faster, but there are more JD dealers across the country than any other brand of SXS and it fit comfortably in our toy hauler. The only down side after 8 years of ownership is that it is loud.
 
We are looking at everything with two seats and 4 tires. Last night I asked how much she wanted to spend. I laughed out loud when she said 8,000.00 I then asked her who was going to work on it to get it running 😝 I expect 14,000.00
 
We are looking at everything with two seats and 4 tires. Last night I asked how much she wanted to spend. I laughed out loud when she said 8,000.00 I then asked her who was going to work on it to get it running 😝 I expect 14,000.00
wife wants a new one with 4 seats so she can take grandkids for rides and i keep my old one for farm use, what i priced is between 18 to 23K . good luck!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top