LOOKING FOR INFO. ON THIS TRANSFER CASE

lenray

Going to try and post pics. This case is out of a M R S tractor made in Flora Mississippi in the mid 60's. It is a Rockwell T 223 C 1
It is hooked behind a Fuller 5 speed tranny.
It has a HI - LOW in the case and a 4X4 SHIFTER.
I am trying to find out what heavy duty old truck --maybe military--used this exact same transfer case. Help would be much appreciated...
a186588.jpg

a186589.jpg

a186590.jpg

a186591.jpg

been quite a few years but best I can remember a 4 1/2 ton diamond T military used them, IH use some, several cranes had them, I think franklin skidders used them, the one you have has the pump system for a pto there were several different versions of them,one I remember because the input shaft bearing run loose for about a year in truck crane before they would let me replace it,i figured the gears would be shot, but unlike the others I had worked on the gears in this one had double rows of teeth in a V configuration and that kept them aligned and unhurt,we needed a special pto to use the driveline of a truck to power a mounted puller no one that we dealt with had one for 300 hp I talk the boss into using a Rockwell case similar to yours turned around backwards using the fwd as a disconnect for the rear ends the input shaft for a large hydrostatic pump and the pto for a 3 section gear pump all driven by a 350 Cummings and the case held up fine even though not continuous the pumps required close to 300 hp a maximum load

gbs thank you for the quality information. What do you mean by the pump system for the pto???
Is that the reason for the two hydraulic hoses?? Is there a pump inside that pumps oil???

I have an old transfer case about like that in an old IHC truck. It has the HI-LO and 4x4 in it. It is an old cement truck. I went through it about25 years ago. New bearings a couple of gears. And new oil. Has not been run a lot since.
I'm in Owosso about 2-3 hours south from you If I remember right.

the pump is mounted to the side of the input shaft seal housing,it's used to lube the top shaft and pto bearings when the pto is engaged and running with the transfer case in neutral,we used several of the ones with a pto to drive winches, made for a wide range of speeds being it was driven by the output shaft of the transmission, ranging from a slow crawl in 1st gear to fast take up in 5th depending on what transmission was used

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back