Looking for more Case dealers

Don Rudolph

Well-known Member

Good Morning everyone,

As long as the blizzard of 2018 continues, I thought I would ask for any information on additional original Case dealers that may have been out there in years past. It seems to be getting harder to find them as the original owners have now mostly passed on and we have to rely on 2nd and 3rd generation people for information. Also, there are less promotional items on Ebay than before.

Thanks to all who have contributed already. The database has over 2400 dealers so far. Don
 
A couple for you from Mostly case auction a month back.

1.

2.

3. tough to make out, the photo is more visible than the tag was in person:

4. My 770 case from "Browns" in meadville PA circa 1971, dad says they were out of business by 1980

5. Oswald's Implement, Conneaut Lake pa, Family bought a new 885 from them in 1980 or so. I think they were done at the merger.
 
Morning Don,
Out mowing the lawn this morning, and took a barley pop break. While I was in the shop ,I noticed that F.B. McFoose & Co. in Benton Ill. delivered my 411 to a customer on Feb 28th 1955. Also I need to go back a few posts to find a Dealer in Michigan I spotted. CM
 
Do you have this one ?
a265101.jpg
 
These are in Remsen IA. Started with Peter Homan Implements, Then it was Homan and Daldrup Imp, then Remsen Implement and farm supply. I do not know the years in which they operated. Peter Homan would have been my great great grandfather, he was born in Luxembourg in 1848.
a265103.jpg

a265104.jpg
 
I think I gave you the name of the one that was in Stamford NE. Westerburg Exchange. There was also a dealer in Alma NE named Haeker Implement. Sold Case and Minneapolis Moline equipment. It closed in the early to mid sixties.
 
Thanks Chuck! Can't see the highway 1/4 mile to the east, six foot snow drifts. Just like the old days LOL Finally, snowmobile weather in mid April. Don
 
Thank you very much for all these dealers. Pretty hard to decipher the 3rd one. Any clue to where it came from? Thanks again, Don
 
Farmers Sales and Service in Vinton, Ia. was operated by Bob Skinner. Washington County Farm Store in Kalona, Ia was operated by Cecil Miller. Skinner close in about 1969, Miller closed in the late 70's I believe.
 
Case Power and Equipment was a company store in Cedar Rapids , Ia Opened in 1969 closed in late 80's or early 90's. Had about 5 different managers over the years.]
 
Don, my FIL was a Case dealer in Exeter Ont. from around 1950 until some time in the 1960,s It was called Exeter Farm Equipment.Not sure if you have any interest in Canadian dealers but here it is.
 
Yes about Alton. The dealer was a powerhouse of Case and NH. I worked for them the summer of 1969.
 
skinner didn't close.some how lost case franchise.he still sold parts and short line equipment till late 70s then retired and sold to dell hanson who worked for them many years..Bob Skinner and his wife were very good to deal with.I was just a customer but he tought me a lot about working on machinery.
 
Bob had a sort of roll over program on combines, company pulled the plug, and he had year old combines he needed new price out of. Case pulled the plug in 1969, but he still had parts and service, his mechanic Mel was top notch. Dell Hanson was a salesman for Case Power and Equip. in Cedar Rapids for a few years, then went back to Vinton and bought the buisness. Knew Bob, Dell, and Mel for many years.
 
Always nice to hear of fond memories of good people. Reminds me of our local AC/NH dealer (and our old Case dealer). Don
 
There was a dealer in Norton KS. They went out in the late 80's. I don't know what the name was. Afterwards they sold short line equipment and used stuff. Then the name was Roys sales and service.
 
Here are some I have seen on various pieces of Case stuff. Not sure if I sent these before. I have the actual sticker photo and can send them if you don't already have them.

D & B Construction Equipment Lena, Wisconsin

The Farmwers Supply Co. Navarre, Ohio

Mid-State Equipment Cokato, MN

Nodwell's Sports and Farm Equipment Biggar, Saskatchewan

Steele County Equipment Co. Owatonna, Minnesota

Risius Implement Bricelyn, Minnesota
 
Case had company store?s in Findlay and Marion Ohio in the 60's & 70's .
Kenton Oh had a dealer in the 40?s , Mc Fadden Imp . My Granddad bought a new SC in 41 there ( I still have it )
Sometime in the late 50 or early 60?s Ault Imp . in Kenton became a Case dealer boy only lasted a year or two .
Don?t know the name of it but there was a dealer in New California Ohio in the 50?s .
 
When I was a kid in the 1950?s and 60?s my Dad had Case tractors. There were two dealers he got parts and tractors from, they were,
Mox Hardware, Kingsley, Michigan, bought a VAC from
And
Jim Johnson, Empire, Michigan, bought a 800B, used, from

Jim
 

There was a Case dealer in Otis Kansas. I remember om Halloween all the small equipment would end up in street. Main street was like an obstical course to go down.
 
Lots of Orchard tractors in that part of Michigan mainly because of the cherry orchards. I worked in an orchard near Kingsley when I was a kid and the guy had a DO. I liked to hear it run at idle, really ran slow.
Jim
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top