Looking for tractor?

Moving on from my old IH 354 gas burner. Glad to get rid of it and ready to move on. Looking for a 45 to 60 hp range tractor with FEL. Might use a few hours per week, unless a project comes along, maybe more.
Looked well into Ford 3400,4000,4600,5000 and 5600 and other models as well as Massey 165"s, 240 series and 250 series.
Under 50 HP seems light (unless its industrial). Over 60HP seems overkill.
I rotary mow, move hay, plow vegetable garden, food plots and move trees (cut to bucket length) and need a loader to do some light duty work (neighbor has skid steer and uncle has Caterpillar for big stuff).
Around here (Georgia) Ford and Massey parts are easiest to come by for older equipment.
A 40-45 HP would probably do fine for most work, just want a step up in size for weight and make a FEL practical.
I do notice some FEL speed differences in models. The front pump Ford FEL I seen work well, some of these others don"t. Not sure what to look for, other than I want smooth steady operation that doesn"t lag and more FEL loader capacity than I could use. Also looking for live PTO. Non live just seem to be an accident waiting to happen, for me anyways.
Looking for good solid restored diesel tractor, made in USA or England.

Tips, advice and leads welcome. I am open to anything so long as its:
-American or English built
-Diesel
-The simpler, least parts (points of failure) the better.
-Non turbo
-2WD is probably what I"ll get. 4wd if price is right and all other criteria met.
-Not some over priced tractor covered in plastic. Hey, Kubota makes a fine machine. I"ve demoed them but 100 hours of use per year doesn"t justify a $20-30k cost. That"s a lot of money for a tractor still retaining the cheap feel of injection molding.
-Isn"t susceptible to failure from some part that cost more to replace than an over haul on an 8N.
-I am willing to ship for right tractor at right price.
-Budget $8-10k. This is flexible.

Thanks!

Delivered hay to a guy last winter who had a 4610 (I think) Ford. It had front wheel assist and a directional reverser. Good looking tractor. But I loaded the hay with a foot hydro and a joy-stick, and self=leveling loader. Tractors are just like pickups, the more options the better.

Have Massey Ferguson 240-S and a MF 232 loader, highly recommended, sips fuel, reliable, Perkins Diesel 3-cylinder, like it a lot. The S meansmade overseas in Turkey, but it's just like the ordinary 240's, I think. ONly thing I dont like is the find-it-grind-it non-synchro transmission. Would like some sort of synchro, ot shuttle.

There's a huge field open to you. Anything from a MF 175 to a Ford 5000 to a DB990. Tire condition is going to be a big factor. Look locally and see whats around.

I have a Massey 31 industrial with a 236 perkins diesel. MF34 FEL powered by its own front pump. good rubber. 3400 hours, independant PTO also. Only use it about 50-100 hours per year. Not restored though but has been well maintained.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back