Lots of things done in the kingdom this weekend

jon f mn

Had a great weekend! Saturday I got the combine running and home, put new u-joints in the royal stuff getter, need brakes and thermostat in the king's work getter, and fixed the shake in the Queen's chariot. Got this pile of dirt scraped out of the inside of the tires on her car. No wonder it was shaking. Lol

cvphoto7010.jpg

Sunday was the big gathering at the castle and I cooked for the younguns. Had a great time, bout 12 of us there.

cvphoto7013.jpg

cvphoto7014.jpg

cvphoto7015.jpg

Monday we had a few stragglers come by, my oldest grandson and his girlfriend then later another of the kids and his family, so not much got done.

Today I started by loading some of the stuff for my trip out to Wyoming next weekend. Tom is getting this combine reel and hammer mill from me, I'll be stopping for some other stuff on the way out.

cvphoto7016.jpg

Then I worked on the quanset shed, made a door for the south end.

cvphoto7017.jpg

cvphoto7018.jpg

cvphoto7019.jpg

Even repurposed an old screen from one of the old house windows to close the upper window and try and keep the pigeons out so the quit crapping on my stuff. Hope it holds up, it was the perfect size.

cvphoto7020.jpg

Had to hang a new track for the north doors. Part of it was missing, but my friend Jeff had some on his shed that had no doors, so he gave it to me.

cvphoto7021.jpg

cvphoto7022.jpg

Even got some help from the queen working the DC and loader giving me rides. She is an awesome helper since those peasants just don't seem to be around. Lol

cvphoto7023.jpg

Still have some work to do on it yet, some of the frame needs attention as someone's horses made a meal out of a couple trusses. And the tin needs to be re-screwing down as it's letting loose. Guess the work is never going to be done. Lol. At that point my knees were too sore to keep going, so there will be some to do later. Was hoping to get the big shed organized enough to get the combine in, but that will also have to wait. Next weekend is the big trip, so kinda excited about that.

Jon that looks like the bags of sand they put in semi truck tires to balance them because your average balance machine won't handle the size. Bad practice to do that to an auto tire, I'm thinking you might have just found out why.

You have done a lot of work, and improvements. That "DC" must get used daily

Wow Jon you have been busy. Progress seems to be going smoothly now and I hope it continues for ya. But get that good combine under a roof. Sounds like snow and rain are on the way, LOL. Rod.

Jon, I wish I had your go on getting things done. It is nice to have a helping had from the Queen, Cheryl has to lend me that extra hand a lot of the time. Your castle is coming full circle, an looks good. Have a safe trip and say hi to Tom for me. Jerry from Ohio

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back