M fan oil leak

Dim Pete

I filled the fan shaft oil on my 1949 M. Ran it for a little while and now the generator bracket has oil on it. Looking at the parts I see a gasket L4367T. Would replacing this gasket solve the oil leak. The tractor only runs about 15 hours a year. thanks.

I filled the fan shaft oil on my 1949 M. Ran it for a little while and now the generator bracket has oil on it. Looking at the parts I see a gasket L4367T. Would replacing this gasket solve the oil leak. The tractor only runs about 15 hours a year. thanks.
You said you "filled it", how did you determine it was "full" it takes very little oil.

Put a little oil in it, then turn it 'til the fill port is "down", there's a "standpipe" inside and any excess oil above the standpipe will drip out, give it time to finish dripping, then put the plug in.

If no oil drips add a little more and try again.

Now that I've typed all that, I looked it up in the Operator's Manual for you...

uSWlRqv.jpeg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back