M Farmall adding fast hitch or 3pt

pwalsh

New User
Hi All
New here. I have opportunity to purchase quality M. Live Hydraulics and power steering. Is there any practical way to convert to fast hitch or 3pt so i can use my 3pt brush mower or do I keep looking for a 3pt or fast hitch tractor. thanks in advance for your help
 
(quoted from post at 18:21:46 04/13/15) Hi All
New here. I have opportunity to purchase quality M. Live Hydraulics and power steering. Is there any practical way to convert to fast hitch or 3pt so i can use my 3pt brush mower or do I keep looking for a 3pt or fast hitch tractor. thanks in advance for your help
I don't beleive you can put a 400 fast hitch on a M. I believe the axle is different and would take some modifications to make it work. Yet there are 3point out there for that tractor, most of them are homemade but they are out there.
 
There is more then one company that makes a bolt on 3 point set up for most any tractor that does not have a 3 point but they are not cheap. One catalog I have list one for the M for $1000 plus
 
IH's 2-point fast hitch bolted to the sides of the rear tub, not
the axle carriers like the drawbar on the M. Implements for the
fast hitch are getting harder to find all the time.

Company by the name of SAGINAW made the nicest 3-point for the M.
The last ones were built just about a year ago, they were something
like $775 plus freight shipped FOB from Saginaw, Michigan. You may
be able to find a used one. They made both one and two cylinder
styles.
 
Just to be clear, Saginaw no longer manufactures their 3pt hitches. I don't know if Worksaver still makes them or not.
 
(quoted from post at 10:21:46 04/13/15) Hi All
New here. I have opportunity to purchase quality M. Live Hydraulics and power steering. Is there any practical way to convert to fast hitch or 3pt so i can use my 3pt brush mower or do I keep looking for a 3pt or fast hitch tractor. thanks in advance for your help

I will suggest that you keep looking, a good, quality, add-on 3 point is NOT cheap, and those add-on units never work as good as factory equipped.
 
The fast hitch isn't going to work on a M or Super M, becuase there are no hole's in the rear end housing [3on each side] to attach it to .
 
There are adapter plates from M&W (I think) that bolt to an M that allow installation of the later 450 style fast hitch.

HOWEVER, they are ***EXTREMELY*** rare and difficult to find.
 
I have a 1941 M with single cylinder 3pt I plan to remove and replace with normal draw bar setup. I am in west central Illinois.
a188946.jpg
 
Thanks for all the prompt replies. Being as I have not yet purchased the M i think it will be worth the effort and extra$ to find a 300 with a factory fast hitch
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top