M-H 30 pistions

indy bob

I want to thank to all that replied regarding the M-H 30 pistons.
It is not the original engine. No serial number plate. It is really weird I removed timing gear cover to replace the oil seal and found that when you align the camshaft and crankshaft timing marks the valve timing to piston is off a punch mark on the crank gear is the correct timing. This is a weird engine I will pull the engine and have it bored to 0.20. Again, thank for all the replies

Sounds good. But locate the pistons first. Cause if u cant
find .020 and find .030 or .040 then thats what u bore it
to. Never bore before u have pistons in hand on this old
stuff. Thanks. plus set ur timing marks correctly.

Learned that back in about 1954 about dot boring untill have pistons in hand with rings. Had a 29 Buick used on farm. Got so bad had to pull every time to start. Compressin so low would not start with starter. Shop said go ahead and get it bored, after NO PISTONS avaible any place to fit even considered trying to find a set of tractor pistons and sleves to try to put in. No luck. Ended up at scrap yard. Yard said they would pay a certain $ for it, Was close to closing when goty it there, said wait till morning to take care of paying for it. Next morning at opening time Dad was their, Sayed could pay about half for it take it of leave it. Said could take car but overnight they had cut it up so was all just pieces. So could do nothing but take lower price, Needless to say did no more bussiness with that place.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back