DPittman

Acquired an R model 2 years ago that came with a set of gauges. I’m gonna use them in the UB that I’m pretty well done with except for paint. These gauges came with lights in em so question is how can I tell if they are 6 or 12 volt? The R is for sale by the way. Needs temp gauge, the other two work just ain’t pretty

The UB didn't normally use illuminated gauges--they were lit by the light above the gauges on the dash.

Do these gauges have bulbs in them? If so, can you pop the bulbs out and check the no. on them?

This is the light that illuminates the gauges on both of my UB's. This one is black. I've also seen them chrome plated or Prairie Gold to match the rest of the tractor.

Attachments

• UB-57.JPG
    UB-57.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
All you have to do to check any bulb is hook it up to a 6V batt.
If it burns bright it is a 6V bulb, if it burns weak it is a 12V bulb.
Don't do it the other way around or you will blow out the 6V bulbs.
on 12V.
MMDEL

The original gauges had no back lights. I am pretty sure that the aftermarket gauges use 12v bulbs.
P.S.: Just leave them out, just fix or replace the dash light above the gauges and you are good to go. That is all that your UB had originally.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back