made a sifter

larry@stinescorner

My friend needed a screen for his compost

I found this metal screen in the junk a while ago,,this morning made him a Sifter

The screen had a metal frame, But it wasnt real heavy so we used some wood too

Attachments

• P5100018.JPG
    P5100018.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
  • P5100019.JPG
    P5100019.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • P5100020.JPG
    P5100020.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
Good on you. Here is another home engineered product involving screen. My Mom used to have a cat. Cat needed litter box. This was long before all those robot litter boxes they have now. I made that wood frame so it just fit in a standard litter box. I put 1/4" screen on the bottom of it. I bought another litter box so she had two. So, the routine was.

1. place the screener in the bottom of empty litter box.
2. dump the full litter box into that screened frame.
3. Lift the screened frame out.

Then you were left with one litter box with nice clean litter in it. One of my best inventions. All one had to do was to add a little litter once in a while.

GF8qKES.jpg

I built one with 1/4" screen on the bottom of a 4" deep box and a frame that sits on my wheelbarrow with little blocks so that it will not move when I shake it back and forth. The frame has a wood track so the box can be pulled back and forth to sift rocks out of dirt. I also have a box with 1/2" screen. Box is made out of 1"x3" 24" long, 18" wide. 1 5 gallon bucket 1/2 full to fill, then shake, add as needed and shake. I make a lot of compost and potting soil, and sift it, the bigger stuff left in the box goes back through my composting system. 3 black plastic garbage cans. Takes about 3 weeks, 2-cans for 2 weeks, Fit both into can #2 for 1 week. Start 2 new cans or 1 at a time. For compost I run through a second time, 1/2 bagged grass, 1/2 compost in thin layers. ...James

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back