magneto recharged?

Any decent magneto shop should be able to recharge your magneto magnets.

I believe Robert's carb repair in Spencer Iowa can do this.

Kurt
 

I have used:

McWhorter's Antique Iron Repair
32391 Olympia Rd. Minier, IL 61759
(309)303-2634

Good work and super nice guy.
 
I have had 2 different charges, for quite a few years,so some experience,and unless they are horseshoe magnets your wasting your time and money. Alinco magnets in Wico and Fairbanks are permanent magnets. I have never noticed a difference even though I do all the mags I take apart. If somebody drives in,I will do them for free. Hard to charge for 10 seconds of work. My opinion.
 
I've got an original and big magnet charger, probably made around 1930. A lot of the newer home-made ones don't work very well. But, to charge a magnet correctly you have to take the mag apart and remove the magnet. If you try to charge with the mag together the magnet does not get fully charged AND often the impulse dogs get slightly magnetized and start to stick and hang up.

Also not that once that magnet is out of the mag - it needs a "keeper" stuck to it or it won't hold a charge. If you send that magnet out to be charged, make sure it gets a keeper stuck to it or the new charge won't hold. Once back in the assembley mag, no extra keeper needed.

If you can't find someone, post back here. I can do it but I'm NOT pulling apart anybody's mags. That the tough part of the deal if bolts are stuck and bearings are stuck.
 
On e-bay there are those ultra powerful rare meter magnets in various shapes. Just mill a slot on the end of the horseshoe magnet and fasten the new on.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top