Magnum fuse keeps blowing out

Milk

Hello guys,
I have a problem that I can t resolve. I have a case 275 magnum that I lost my flashers and turn signals. I checked out the fuse connection for the flashers and turn signals, found fuse good, not blowing out. I checked all of the fuses on the fuse block and found that one of the fuses controlling the front lights was blown and keeps blowing out every replacement. I don t know if somehow they are connected to the flashers. Does anyone know if they are connected or not? This is giving me fits! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Disconnect the headlights and see if fuse
stays and if you get your flashers back.
If you do then connect headlights one at a
time until fuse blows. Bingo. There's your
problem.

The circuits are separate, as they have separate fuses. But the problem
could easily be related.

Chances are there is a damaged wire harness. Both circuits likely share the
harness.

If the light fuse blows with the lights off, check the wiring between the
fuse block and the switch.

If the fuse blows when the lights are turned on, check the harness after the
switch.

Likely you will find mouse chewed wires, burned from getting against the
exhaust, pinched or crushed, etc.

I tried that, no change, still blows fuse every time! Thanks for reply flying Belgium

Thanks for reply th the reply. Mine is the same as yours, theres no power that I can detect coming in to the switch.None of the wires have power!

Use IR thermometer and check temperature
of fuse holder.
Bad connection generates heat and heat
blows fuses.
Use ammeter to check current.
Connect meter where the fuse goes.
Don't use a fuse
If current is excise be ready to remove
meter instantly.

Wiring harness goes from fuse block in cab routed under the cab and back up to the back of the engine where theres another cab relay fuse block, mass of wires, very difficult to follow up on!

Bob, I ran a jumper wire from the live wire on the switch over to the flasher/ front lights rocker switch and flashers are working but when I put switch in neutral, fuse wants to blow out! Any suggestions?

The problem is not the fuse . The fuse is preventing a problem . As previously stated, the conductors in the wiring harness are shorting to chassis . Or the electrical loads are drawing more than rated current.

Sounds like you might have a switch problem causing it. I had a turn signal switch in a truck onetime would affect the bright dim and turn signals all were on the turn signal switch turned out to be the switch.

Thanks for reply, thats what I was thinking but theres absolutely no current coming into the flasher rocker switch! Head scratcher!!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back