275 case magnum flashers not working

Milk

My case 275 magnum developed a problem that hasnt happened before today. I went to engage the hazard flashers from the cab toggle switch, they flashed once and now nothing, no turn signals also. First things first, check fuses , nothing burned out, all fuses checked out working.Also checked fuses under the hood and found one fuse blown but dont think it controls flashers . Lights all are working, rotating beacon is working as it is supposed to. Wondering if anyone else has run across this problem! Thank you for your responses, this forum is , I have found, a big help.

I checked the continuity across the fuse for the flashers and found that it lights up on both sides of the fuse so that tells me that the fuse is fine, unless I am missing something else!

(quoted from post at 18:26:59 04/30/22) I checked the continuity across the fuse for the flashers and found that it lights up on both sides of the fuse so that tells me that the fuse is fine, unless I am missing something else!

As Janicholson posted: Find the flasher unit and put in a new one. At least check to see if it is receiving power. If it has power Likely the flasher is bad. If it doesn't have power you can work backwards from there to find where the power loss is.

This post was edited by Jim.ME on 04/30/2022 at 03:32 pm.

Thanks for reply. No power to the switch in the cab. I took apart
the console, checked the power coming in through the harness.
Nothing there! I tried a new fuse , still nothing. The main fuse
panel is located behind the seat under the floor,difficult to get at
but accessible. Dont know where it goes from there, just know
that it isnt coming into the cab.

If its like our 180 the flashers also override the work headlight function or vice versa, so it could possibly be a few things. There are also light relays and a solenoid under the cover behind the seat. I don't have a service manual electrical schematic either. The ops manual should also show the location/labelling of all fuses and relay positions. The beacon works because it's a seperate switch, fuse, and wiring from the other lights. Do the other things in the cab work i.e radio, fan blower, worklights? If so, it's probably not a solenoid behind the seat. I don't remember if the flasher unit itself is seperate or part of/built into the turn signal lever switch on the steering column. Probably gonna have to get a copy of electrical schematic.

Brad

Okay, thanks for the reply. Yes, all other functions are working. I will check the wiring schematic today. Im thinking that maybe the fuse is showing that its connecting but not sending power through to the electrical points in the fuse block. Gonna have to dig a lot deeper into this!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back