Mahindra acquires Pininfarina

Duner Wi

Should have some well designed tractors.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/mahindra-acquires-pininfarina-design-house-399163.aspx

I saw that earlier today.

Perhaps some cool looking Mahindra tractors are on the horizon....

Dean

Ever owned one? They are making some very fine tractors that are a good value these days.

I agree with W-R. You can't give them away in this part of the world. And they say there #1 seller. Go to a big auction and see what they bring.There was several local dealers that added them to their line of tractors but didn't keep them around.

I know Mahindra seems to sell fairly well in the Kansas and Oklahoma - slowly working its way in the way Kubota has. 25 years ago Kubota was a joke, now they are the standard that small tractors are judged by.

I was a an equipment auction on Saturday, the auctioneer is also a Mahrindra dealer he said he has 50 tractors in stock, I don't know how many he's selling, but the funny part is he must have said 6 different times, a tractor he was trying to sell in the auction was traded in for a Mahrindra, or the owner is selling this tractor to get the down payment for a Mahrindra, my friend and I were laughing the whole time, on top of his other statements, runs the best, starts on the key, I paid $26,000 for this tractor yesterday and I'm only at $20,000 now but everything sells today, that's the fastest $6000 I ever lost! It was funny, and his new saying, it was traded for a Mahrindra! Lol

(quoted from post at 00:37:51 12/16/15) You can make it smooth and pointy on both ends, but it will still be a turd

Wow, seeing as many get on here and ask advice on what to get and what to avoid I'd like to know what's wrong with them? Not just that you think they are a "turd". That's because I've only heard good things about them. In fact I've heard more bad things about CaseIH small tractors. Heard a lot of poor ratings for MF's too. JD doesn't make their own. Kubota was considered a joke when they were first imported by a lot of people who never owned one. And while they still are not competing in the largest tractor market in over 200HP they are getting close. And very few OWNERS have anything bad to say about them.

Rick

That was based on my extensive experiences with Italian cars, i do not pretend to know much about modern tractors, and the only Indian tractor I ever worked on was already old, 25 years ago.
Italians have a way of building fast junk with beautiful bodywork, Maserati is one shining example of cars that dont outlast the paint on them

I listen to Rush Limbaugh's radio show daily, and for a while he advertised the Mahindra tractors. I like Rush, and he is usually right about politics, but my 2003 New Holland TC35 outworks my neighbor's 2002 Mahindra 35 hp tractor every time. Here in a few years we will start comparing reliability issues. I've had a glow plug relay fail, he's had a starter fail.
I like the looks of his Mahindra because it has that classic IH look, but the look of the NH, even when its sitting still, looks like its running laps around the Ma!
Sometimes he'll help me grade the road. I have a 6ft Jabar grader blade, he has a 4ft Bush Hog grader blade. His tractor is heavier and we both have loaded tires. I cut more dirt in less time, with less effort than he. His tractor doesn't seem to like my 6ft blade and won't pull my 6ft box blade when its loaded with dirt.
It was lesser expensive than my NH, but don't you get what you pay for? Oh, I know that my grader blade is an El Cheapo compared to his, but I paid only $35.00 for it 12 years ago as a used implement. I replaced the "L" bars with big bolts with washers and nuts to take the slop out and tighten it up. I've got my moneys worth and then some out of it. Ain't that the whole idea anyway, is to get your moneys worth for your investment?

Scott

People wonder why our economy is so poor. It started with NAFTA and the fair trade agreement. Buying these foreign tractors doesn't help one bit. Sadly American manufacturers don't make a tractor under eighty horse. They rely on the cheap imports and put their tin and paint on them. It makes me sad every time someone promotes these tractors while we have workers in this country sitting idle.

In my travels through farm country in northeast Louisiana, I drive past a farm that has a small fleet of 6 Mahindra tractors that are parked behind the barn, that have not moved in 4 years. They look to be maybe in the 75 or so(?) HP range, a farm small utility tractor? There is also a couple of old Fords and Deeres out there that have been parted out.
Everything does wear out and become obsolete eventually. Somethings break every now and then. Somethings just don't work as intended because of design and/or engineering or because of accountants/bean counters cutting corners on production costs.

That's life.

Scott

These import products are to be cheaper to buy. I hear this all the time but are they really? If you compare the import tractor to the American built I bet you find that they are price the same or some times even more than the American products. We like to think where geting a great deal but it is up to every one of us to defind what is a good deal. American products means that we the people have design the tractor for our country. Our soil base and our land plus what we use it for. We have no other knowage about other countrys land. American works listen to the farmer and understand what they need like the oder John Deere workers did threw the 1900s. This has to be called experance for the better product we have know. What do we know about import and there demans? this is a chance you take on buying there stuff..

I lay the blame right at the feet of the big three. Used to be,blockmen were out beating the bushes trying to get anybody they could to sign a contract as a dealer. Now the only thing they can think of is close and consolidate. That leaves a huge service gap in a lot of areas. If DeeCNHIgco would allow smaller dealers to exist in some of these market deserts,folks wouldn't have to take on these foreign manufacturers to fill the holes. We're a big ag county,largest potato producer in the state in fact and we have one dealer. They sell Kubota and LS.

(quoted from post at 11:42:13 12/16/15)
People wonder why our economy is so poor. It started with NAFTA and the fair trade agreement. Buying these foreign tractors doesn't help one bit. Sadly American manufacturers don't make a tractor under eighty horse. They rely on the cheap imports and put their tin and paint on them. It makes me sad every time someone promotes these tractors while we have workers in this country sitting idle.

In a compact tractor just how are you going to "buy American"? Even JD buys theirs from Yanmar IIRC and in fact I don't know of any US company building a 100 HP or smaller tractor here in the states. OH and by the way, CaseIH/NH is owned by FIAT so even if made in the USA they fall in the same category as the FIAT owned Chryslers and Rams right there side by side with US made Toyota, Nissan and Kubota made products. Think of that the next time you dream of owning a RAM diesel.

Rick

Based on what I have seen if you buy a Mahindra there is a good chance you won't be buying
Indian either. Seems like a lot if not most of them are South Korean. But then that is not
much of suprise, look at where the NH engines are coming from.

(quoted from post at 20:59:02 12/16/15)

In a compact tractor just how are you going to "buy American"? Even JD buys theirs from Yanmar IIRC and in fact I don't know of any US company building a 100 HP or smaller tractor here in the states. OH and by the way, CaseIH/NH is owned by FIAT so even if made in the USA they fall in the same category as the FIAT owned Chryslers and Rams right there side by side with US made Toyota, Nissan and Kubota made products. Think of that the next time you dream of owning a RAM diesel.

Rick

Everybody wants things cheap, but they don't want to work cheap. American manufacturers like to blame their labor force for higher production cost. Is it still cheaper to buy tractors from across the ocean and still sell them here cheaply? I'd rather buy older American made equipment than to send my money to another country. This site is called yesterdays
tractors, not cheap foreign tractors.

(quoted from post at 13:25:49 12/16/15)

Rick

Everybody wants things cheap, but they don't want to work cheap. American manufacturers like to blame their labor force for higher production cost. Is it still cheaper to buy tractors from across the ocean and still sell them here cheaply? I'd rather buy older American made equipment than to send my money to another country. This site is called yesterdays

You are the one who complained about people buying foreign made compact tractors. Just how is buying a used tractor helping the American worker? It's already been made and 90% of replacement parts are made off shore.

I do very much agree that we want cheap stuff then complain about jobs as we buy stuff from China.

Companies have to be competitive with other companies. Only one has to start outsourcing or importing to shoot the whole works in the back side. Thing of it is, we've been outsourcing for over a century. It's nothing new.

Rick

(quoted from post at 21:59:47 12/16/15)

Rick

You are the one who complained about people buying foreign made compact tractors. Just how is buying a used tractor helping the American worker? It's already been made and 90% of replacement parts are made off shore.

I do very much agree that we want cheap stuff then complain about jobs as we buy stuff from China.

Companies have to be competitive with other companies. Only one has to start outsourcing or importing to shoot the whole works in the back side. Thing of it is, we've been outsourcing for over a century. It's nothing new.

Rick

At least when you buy an older U.S built tractor the money doesn't get sent to China right away. You can buy all the Chinese tractors you want for all I care. Let our country go to the Chinese and other cheap labor countries.

(quoted from post at 15:21:50 12/16/15)
(quoted from post at 21:59:47 12/16/15)

Rick

Rick

At least when you buy an older U.S built tractor the money doesn't get sent to China right away. You can buy all the Chinese tractors you want for all I care. Let our country go to the Chinese and other cheap labor countries.

What's an older US built tractor? Lot of the late 60's early 70's utility tractors were made overseas too.

I'm not actually in the market for one a compact so I'm not going to be buying one. And I do try to buy American when I can. But when no one is offering what you need or want that's made in America what can you do?

Look at the parts, even from the dealers, that come from the land of almost right. So your money is going to China anyway.

Rick

RiCK, Be careful on here or else you too will be ostracized for giving your opinion, and I totally agree with your post, for whatever good it does.PEOPLE buy offshore products and then complain about china junk being brought to the US.To those I say"TRY AND DO WITHOUT "
LOU.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back