Mahindra Tractors

Bill H. 2160

New User
If you are thinking of buying a Mahindra, think again. My 4500 has less than 200 hours and 3 1/2 years old and just threw a rod through the block. No warranty and $5700 + labor to put a new engine in it. This piece of junk has been falling apart since day one. Starter quit, eqpt. stabilizers fell off, engine cover latches broke, you name it. Now I'm back to my 35 year old MF230 which still works.

The parent company is from India. Once upon a time, they built tractors for International Harvester (under licensure) Some of their present line-up is still built in India. a large portion is built in either Japan or South Korea. They are wildly popular with the "ranchette" crowd and strong sales in 3rd world countries.

Maybe they've cheapened them a bit? I've got three Mahindra tractors with the International Harvester name on them - all are close to 50 years old. They've been very rugged machines.
Two IH B-275s and an IH B-414.

Last I read, some of the new Mahindras use most of the old parts from the late 50s - early 60s tractors - except the engines which are newer DI design.

Ouch!

That pretty much sucks Bill. :>(

However, in cases like this, I always tell myself that it's gotta be fixed. 'Taint worth a plug nickel the way it is. :>(

Allan

I wonder if you looked at your warranty paperwork. It is 3 yrs. Being it is 3.5 yrs guess you are of luck. Are you going to complain if your Chevy(or add your flavor) breaks out of warranty to. Sorry to sound mean but I say suck it up and get on with life. Not all mahindra are bad. I am not a dealer or connected with one. I would buy one if I could afford it.

Local dealer brought a brand new one to us for a week to try out and see if we liked it.It ran good,but the dealer had far over-bragged it up.It wouldnt even begin to keep up with a full bore operation,but I suppose it would last a long time for a city dude that rides it for 2 hours on weekends in the summer months

I agree,but how do you get rid of a P.O.S. Cats cover it up,and we flush it.Its kinda hard to flush a tractor,but we did have Two new Massey Tractors once,and I considered burying them with the dozer,because the dealer would not stand behind it,and as a matter of fact the only thing they did stand behind was their excuses,and lawyers dont do any good,they take your money then sell you out(first hand experience)

5103 4X4 Utility Tractor

Prices listed are in USD.
Suggested List Price*: $18,696.00 Total Suggested List Price*: $18,696.00 .
You can add lots of option, purchase a laoder and have change left out of $30,000.
$30,000 is chicken feed anyways for a tractor that's good for how many years vs. a $50,000 pickup which is good for how long?
Which will be worth more in 20 years?
Cheaper than a busted mahindra which is worth $2500.00 after it's repaired.

John Deere has replaced the 5005 series with what they call the "new" 5003 series. We just got a new 5303 (64 engine, 55 pto hp)4 x4 with a JD 522 loader for $28,500, which I think is a very reasonable price.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back