manure hauling made easy.

chrisalma

Member
Allen, I have the same problem that you have with the distance to haul manure. So borrowed my brother and his semi to haul it the 2 miles to the field. the third barn is 6 miles away but I would like the manure on the ground I farm instead of speading on the neighbors farm there. So I think we found out a good way to do it. we backed out on some high ground to dump the truck. Water is still standing in low areas.
a299.jpg

a300.jpg
 
Why don't you dump the manure right into the semi?Looks like the loader would go high enough?Maybe not.

I would think that's pretty hard on the elevator.Heluva mess if the elevator chain breaks.Ear corn in a broken elevator is even enough top pi$$ of the Pope!
 
loader wont reach over. plus dumping over the fence makes for less travel to get it to the truck. the elevator handled it fine I made sure to dump easy though. use elevator for everything including shingles to the roof.
 
You just need a bigger spreader to make it worth the trip. I'm not sorry that I went to one that's all the tractor can handle. It gets manure on those far flung fields that need it.
 
Thats how a lot of folks round here load broiler litter. An old belt loader run off an electric motor is a lot quicker for'm than going all the way to the truck and pick'n it up so high.

Dave
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top