manure hauling pics

billonthefarm

Member
Location
Farmington IL
Took the 3020 and spreader to friends today so I could help him haul manure. It's safe to say I'm easily amused.
bill

DSCN0984.jpg


DSCN0974.jpg


DSCN0985.jpg


DSCN0990.jpg


DSCN0978.jpg
 
man you should come and help me!i got at least 5 spreaders i can use though and lotsa help i can get. those are neat old spreaders. i used to have one like is behind yer 3020. beaters kept braking and i sold it to a friend fer a song.
antique iron is fun isn't it?!
DF in WI
 
very nice pic's
pse do have a look at our tractors:
over 550 different tractor brands documented html
regards
from the netherlands

nnalert
FOOD FOR ALL
GREATEST AND LARGEST TRACTOR COLLECTION
 
That's what I have been doing all the last week. Perfect weather for it too. Still have a lot more manure to haul yet. Broke the universal joint for the pto on the spreader this after noon so Monday I will fix it and be back at it. Should buy a new spreader or a better used one mine has seen better days.
 
We had two Deere spreaders when I was a kid. One was a N and I think the other was a L. We pitched them full by hand couse our loader was a Caswell on a 51 A and it wouldn't fit in the barn, and besides that it just plain steered hard. They were about the right size for pitching by hand cause by the time the spreader was full we were ready for a rest. The pitchfork never had a flat tire or ran out of gas, but the guy holding it did! Jim
 
I'd be all over that opportunity. I'm cooped up on 4 acres in the middle of a village, and it's a 50 mile ride to anything that even resembles farmland.
 
I do that too. My current one is a JD N also. Works just fine and considering it's age and what it has to do "to earn it's living" that's saying a lot.

Mark
 
Oh, that brings back memories. Years (and years) ago I was a young"un driving an old AC "WC" pulling a spreader. A cousin about 8 yrs old was riding on my lap (yeah, I know, but that"s what we did back then). We got to the gate, and I asked him to get off and open it. As he moved off, he knocked my foot off the clutch (slippery boots). The WC opened the gate for us.

I can still hear the sound of that ground-driven spreader in gear.....grunk, grunk, grunk...or maybe thunk, thunk, you get the idea.
 
For me, there is no job more satisfying than pitching the old IH 100 spreader full of manure and crank-starting the Farmall A to pull it out and empty it... good old-fashioned manual labor. At the end of the day you are tired, but it is a good tired.

Thanks for sharing the pics... I need to take more pics when I do that this year!
 
Tried to buy a NI spreader once but the salesman at the ford dealership wouldnt stand behind it.............hope that brought a smile.
 
Grandpa tells about when he was growing up they would pile corn stalks 4 feet high in the barn then put the cows in there. Then they would have to fork it all out. Then he was sure happy when they bought the WD-45 with the loader and he didn't have to forks any more. We used that until 1991. Then we bought the skid-steer.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top