marvel and zenith carbs

mrhud

how do you identify the size of the carb by the numbers small mediam and large without a brand of tractor or model if someone is looking for say the mediam size body for a one off custom application , say tsx---- or zeinth---- how big or what is in it ?

how do you identify the size of the carb by the numbers small mediam and large without a brand of tractor or model if someone is looking for say the mediam size body for a one off custom application , say tsx---- or zeinth---- how big or what is in it ?
Hard to explain but a person like my self I can look at a carb that is an M/'S and I know if it is a small, medium, large or extra large but I have also been working on tractors and engines for 40 plus years now

yes i can too when it is in front off me, but scronging up stuff on the internet is a little differant ,or hunting jets venturis whole carbs

yes i can too when it is in front off me, but scronging up stuff on the internet is a little differant ,or hunting jets venturis whole carbs
In that case look in the parts area of this site. A carb for an 8N is the small the one for the 600/800 series if the medium and the one for the 601/801 is the large

Are you trying to identify one that does not have any tag on it? M-S are basically three sizes with three types of load adjustments. Zeniths are more complex with many different types. Both should have some kind of brass tag to identify. One of the carb suppliers has pages listing which components are used by carb number. I stumbled on them once but can[t remember which site it was.

Here's for the MS carbs:
ms carb size chart.PNG

There's more info out there on venturi and jet sizes, if you search long enough. steve

tsx994 what do those numbers mean, tsx237 what do those numbers mean zenith 12522 , 12504 , what size are they ? they must have some kind of numbering system thats where i am going with this

tsx994 what do those numbers mean, tsx237 what do those numbers mean zenith 12522 , 12504 , what size are they ? they must have some kind of numbering system thats where i am going with this
They are simply model numbers and I would doubt there's any sequence related to size as the numbers progress, unless by "accident" now and then.

Perhaps someone will prove me wrong , though!

I suspect that info was/is out there somewhere. However, I haven't come across it as of yet. And it's probably not all in one nice bundle, either. Here's a link to Zenith info, and the same page has a link to MS info: https://www.carburetion.com/industrial/NewZenithCarbs.asp
This may be the site Mike was talking about, but there is another I stumbled across with more detailed info. I may find it again some day.

steve

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back