Marvel Schebler Thread Size?

Tim, do you use a special paint on your carbs, in case they get doused with gas? steve
I don't use any special paint on my finished carbs. I just buy the TISCO brand, made by Van Sickle. It is a alkyd enamel and holds up fairly well, reasonably priced. You can get paints made for HI-TEMP and a little more Gas & OIl Friendly from places like EASTWOOD PRODUCTS if you want more. Here are examples of my TESX-33 TSX-241 in the paint booth...

Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• M-S TSX-33 IN PAINT BOOTH 1.JPG
    M-S TSX-33 IN PAINT BOOTH 1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • M-S TX-241 - PAINT BOOTH 1.JPG
    M-S TX-241 - PAINT BOOTH 1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • FORD TISCO & CNH PAINT.jpg
    FORD TISCO & CNH PAINT.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
I don't use any special paint on my finished carbs. I just buy the TISCO brand, made by Van Sickle. It is a alkyd enamel and holds up fairly well, reasonably priced. You can get paints made for HI-TEMP and a little more Gas & OIl Friendly from places like EASTWOOD PRODUCTS if you want more. Here are examples of my TESX-33 TSX-241 in the paint booth...

Tim Daley (MI)
Another question for you. My carb is missing the bracket where the choke cable attaches to the carb. We don't have any tractor scrap anywhere nearby, and I'm having a hard time putting my fingers on one on the internet. Got any suggestions? steve
MS-TSX choke bracket.jpg

PMSYHkX.jpg

3/8" - 27 is the thread used by the tubes in table lamps, a kit with several such tubes is pictured above.

It is the straight thread version of 1/8" pipe thread, a nut from such a lamp will thread onto a 1/8" pipe thread nipple until it reaches the larger part of the tapered thread. I don't think the threads on a MS main jet are THAT large?
Lamp parts are 1/8-27 NPS. MS needle seats are 3/8-27, an odd size. A 1/8 NPS tap will not even start in the hole. 1/8 pipe is .402 OD.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back