Marvel Schebler TSX769

bundyal38

New User
Hey yall.Ive got an old 841 with a TSX 769 on it.The trouble.is it has no venturi. I've looked it up and got the part # but I measures the throat,top and bottom and the measurements are off. I got 1.15 on one end and 1.18 on the other end. I went ahead and ordered the venturi with fingers crossed hoping it'll work. Question is do yall think so? The tractor idled fine but when ya put it in gear with the pto engaged all it wants to do is die out. If I fiddle with the throttle it would work sometimes. Sometimes not. Would a missing venturi cause this.Ps,the carb has been rebuilt already. Thanks guys.

(quoted from post at 12:20:39 07/16/23) Hey yall.Ive got an old 841 with a TSX 769 on it.The trouble.is it has no venturi. I've looked it up and got the part # but I measures the throat,top and bottom and the measurements are off. I got 1.15 on one end and 1.18 on the other end. I went ahead and ordered the venturi with fingers crossed hoping it'll work. Question is do yall think so? The tractor idled fine but when ya put it in gear with the pto engaged all it wants to do is die out. If I fiddle with the throttle it would work sometimes. Sometimes not. Would a missing venturi cause this.Ps,the carb has been rebuilt already. Thanks guys.
bsolutely will not function correctly without a venturi. They are generally not the same size on both ends, for a reason, that being that they can't accidentally be installed upside down.

Carb venturi is absolutely needed to change the pressure in the throat and draw fuel from the float. They are removable to allow for different size venturi in the same casting. It also may go in two different ways. It needs to be inserted with the top up.

These carbs don't have accelerator pumps, so you can't expect instant response when the throttle is opened. But with adjustment it should run smooth all the way from idle to WOT with the right venturi.

These guys can fix you up. gm

Welters Farm Supply
welters-farm-supply.edan.io
14307 Lawrence 2190, Verona, MO 65769 ~31.8 mi
(417) 498-6496

Hey yall.Ive got an old 841 with a TSX 769 on it.The trouble.is it has no venturi. I've looked it up and got the part # but I measures the throat,top and bottom and the measurements are off. I got 1.15 on one end and 1.18 on the other end. I went ahead and ordered the venturi with fingers crossed hoping it'll work. Question is do yall think so? The tractor idled fine but when ya put it in gear with the pto engaged all it wants to do is die out. If I fiddle with the throttle it would work sometimes. Sometimes not. Would a missing venturi cause this.Ps,the carb has been rebuilt already. Thanks guys.
The Marvel-Schebler TSX Carbs are all basically the same design and parts list. Sizes of Venturis and Floats vary based on engine size. The Venturi bores changed as well. The bigger the engine, 134. 172, the bigger bore thus the bigger Venturi diameter. Venturi is a must and fits snugly into carb half bore.

Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• M-S TSX  33 CARB - BOTTOM VIEW & VENTURI 2.jpg
    M-S TSX 33 CARB - BOTTOM VIEW & VENTURI 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back