Massey 1100 Front Hydraulic Filter

I recently purchased this tractor knowing that it had been sitting for some time. So, started changing fluids and filters. Looking for help as I "attempted" to change this filter over the weekend... For the life of me, I can't get the canister off. Does it just drop down or does it screw on? My initial thought is it should drop off once the centerpost nut is loosed. Can't remove the centerpost as there isn't enough clearance under the housing.

IMG_0386.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
Any suggestions on getting it off? I've already taken a screwdriver to pry it the little that I have moved it.

IIRC there is a Bolt on Top Center that releases it. It is Heavy Iron with a Screen inside... I think... It has been too long. It comes straight down with an oring seal.

Thanks for all the replies, I ended up taking mallet and "aggressively" wacked it until it finally gave up...lol The center bolt has a large washer at the bottom (between end nut and housing that is rotten but new filter doesn't come with?

Thanks for all the replies, I ended up taking mallet and "aggressively" wacked it until it finally gave up...lol The center bolt has a large washer at the bottom (between end nut and housing that is rotten but new filter doesn't come with?
It's some kind of malleable washer that crushes to make a seal. Not something that normally needs replaced so it won't come with the filter.

Hopefully the filter at least came with an o-ring for the top of the canister.

Looks like a big 'ol Gresen filter unit.

Agco part number for top/head o-ring is 515115M1, for bottom rubber washer, 501544M1. I didn't find any on-line sources, do you happen to have an Agco dealer nearby you could check with?

I bought a 1130 that had not been used for some time ,there is a wire mesh cup ,remove the plate under the tractor ,everything worked fine after cleaning it .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back