Clifton1979

New User
I have just aquired an 1155 with the V8 Perkins in it. This tractor was only supposed to have been sitting for a few years and have found out its more like 12 years. I could not get it to start, the engine rolled over about a 1/4 turn and then stopped and would not budge. The is a cap on the cleaner as well as a good cap on the exhaust. I dont see any way that water could get into the engine either way as well as living in the lower east part of NM it stays pretty dry here so I cant see condensation locking the motor up either. However, the transmission is acting rather weird, the clutch pedal has no pressure at all, just kinda flops around freely other than pressure from a light return spring and it does not feel like I can put the transsmission into neutral. It was parked after disking a field and unfortunately the old man that owned it pasted away shortly after and I got from his son just a couple of months ago but have not had time to go and get it. I have tried to pull the tractor with a 4x4 truck as to move it around and get it on a trailer but cannot pull the tractor either. I was told the clutch disc can freeze up to the flywheel and cause all kinds of hell and it takes an act of congress to get it all freed back up. Can anyone give me some advice on what in the world might be going on with this tractor and how to get it moved. Thanks in Advance for any advice, it will be greatly appreciated.
 
Sounds like tractor has some serious issues, if main shift lever can't be moved try placing HI-LO range halfway, may be able to at least move tractor. Shift linkage clevises can get rusty and hard to move. Clutch should have stiff resistence, if moves freely release sleeve may be rusted and stuck also. Maybe MR mouse has made a home in clutch housing and rusted everything, have seen nests also jam in starter and flywheel, then can't get engine to turn over. Let us know what you find.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top