Massey 333 wide front.

redd720

Member
Will high arch wide front off massey harris 333 fits Massey 44? Will the steering box off Massey 333 works on Massey 44?
Thanks
 
The complete front end from a 333 should fit a 44, I have run a 44 wide front end on a 333, so they should swap. But, they steer different, steering arm on a 44 points forward, steering arm on a 333 wide front points to the rear. You will have to keep the 333 steering box with the 333 front end. The 333 wide front is a heavier front with a better steering set up that will never give any trouble because they have a through shaft with a support bushing on the bottom for the steering arm. the 44 wide front did not have this, they had a lot of trouble keeping the steering arm tight on the shaft and no bottom support bushing. Put a grease fitting in the steering box where the fill plug is and pump it full of moly grease and give it a couple of shots every time you grease the front end.
 
Hey Mike, I found wide front off Massey 333. so i can use that on my Massey 44 with 333 wide front and 333 gear box with no problem , Right? . Is there any modification or it fits right in.
Thanks
Tracy
 
I had a 44 wide front on my 333 and it was a bolt right on fit, so the 333 front should fit right on the 44. The 333 front is heavier and a better design.
 
I'll add another piece.. I don't know that it'll change or not, but it should..

For ease of removal, what I did on my 33 was:

I unhooked the steering shaft at the knuckle nearest the steering box.
Supported the tractor so that the front end was slightly off the ground.
Removed the "a frame" from the front end
Removed the 6? bolts from the bottom side of the front end
with help, I pushed the tires towards the back of the tractor, allowing the front of the front end tilt down.. and it will drop right out.

You may have already known all of this, and if you did, sorry I posted. I just know the first time I pulled a front end I pulled the grille and screwed around taking off the steering box of the front end and all that to find out it was a lot faster this way. I can't tell you how easy it is to reinstall, but shouldn't be bad (My wide front is still in the corner of the barn.. hopefully this spring I can get it all finished)

Brad
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top