Massey 65 pushrods

Nomofingers

New User
I recently had an exhaust valve seat drop and noticed when disassembling the head that I also had a bent pushrod. Does anyone know where I could purchase a pushrod and valve seat? I would even settle for a used pushrod if I can't find new.

Thank you
 
I assume you'll be taking the head to a machine shop for the seat.

They can supply the seat.

I would go ahead and let them go through the rest of the head, check for cracks, level, grind the valves, replace what's needed.

They can also supply a pushrod.

How's the piston? If it got hammered now would be the time to replace it, especially if it got hit around the edges.
 
same as steve says, the seat is no good to you unless you are the actual person installing it and grinding the valves. its machine shop work. plus cant just install a seat. when all else fails pushrods can be straightened.
 
Hi Steve, thanks for the advice. All the pistons are in great shape and I have no idea how the pushrod bent. I did end up finding a local machine shop that specializes in tractors and they said it would be no problem to go through the entire head for me. They also said that if I couldn't find a pushrod that they could straighten it. I was just hoping I could find one rather than have them straighten it. Thanks for your time
 
Those push rods aren t made of much. Should be a G176 in that tractor. Same engine our 165 has.

If you have trouble finding a replacement you can always try an aftermarket pushrod supplier like smith brothers or the like. I ve found in the past they can make you a custom pushrod that is stronger cheaper than you can buy one from the dealer.

If one seat fell out, might consider doing the rest of them.
 
Hi Mike, I will have the head gone through all the way. I would hate to have it torn down this far and not do it the right way. I will check out that company you recommended as well, to see if they can help me out.

Thank you
 

Just went through this with my 65 gas. I had one exhaust seat fall out. By the time the shop got done they had to do all the exhaust seats. The valve guides were worn to a ridiculous level so I had them done too, in fact bought the whole kit off this site. All new valves, guides, the works. It was well over $600.00 but the time I got done. Just had the clutch done too. Next fall I'm doing the sleeves. I'll never get my money back out of it, but it's such a handy tractor it's worth it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top