Massey Ferguson 20C steering issues

KJB1053

New User
After removing and installing a metal PS line ( hydraulic steering ) pump is getting super hot in a mattter of minutes ,, very hard to turn wheel even with wheels off the ground
Does this type of power steering need to be bled ?? Oil does not seem to be leaving the pump.
Plenty of pump pressure when I removed the pressure line , however none comes back when I remove the return side ( with pressure side hooked back up )
I did have to hit the top of the steering shaft pretty hard while 2 guys pulled up on it to get the steering wheel off , could this have caused any damage to the orbital motor ?.
I believe it’s a char-Lynn orbital
All worked fine before line removal .. Thanks in advance for any advice on this matter

Unfortunately it does sound like there may be some unknown debris or foreign material blocking the line. Any chance you could have got two lines switched in the case that you may have had more than one unhooked? I would not think that would make it steer hard with the engine off though.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back