Massey Ferguson 35 vs 231

baydog1

Hello. I have a MF-35 that is a work horse around home. Looking at a MF-231 to hopefully will buy. Is a MF-231 a newer version of the older MF-35 ? Is a 231 bit more tractor than a 35? They both have the 3 cylinder Perkins
Thanks

IF it's a 231 then it has the 152 3cyl diesel, if it's a 231"S" it has a Perkins 903 and was made in Turkey for Massey/Agco. The progression of numbers was 35-135-235-231 then 231S, from a data website. IF it were me I'd be looking for a 245, mostly bulletproof ;-) One of mine has less than 1450 hours and the other has over 5000 hours, neither have been touched engine-wise.

this tractor i'm looking at is a 231 not 231s. $2000 is what they want for the 231 with frontend loader but hasn't been run in years. It ran when it was parked 5 years ago... so i'm told. it's been kept in a barn. not looking for pretty but it's gotta want to work

That's almost a 'stolen' price, wonder how many hours? Three things would bother me, stuck injector pump, worn/broken front axle support, and power steering issues ...... but for the price it might be worth it. Good Luck with it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back