Massey Ferguson 50

Kerry Conn

New User
I adjusted the values and rebuilt the carburetor and put in a new distributor. Tractor starts fine but idols at high RPMs can't get it to get RPMs to come down HELP!

I adjusted the values and rebuilt the carburetor and put in a new distributor. Tractor starts fine but idols at high RPMs can't get it to get RPMs to come down HELP!
Welcome to the forums.

Did you have the throttle shaft out and perhaps installed it 180 degrees out during assembly?

Did you SYCHRONISE the carb to governor arm rod per the repair manual? If the rod is too short on that application the governor won't control speed correctly. All linkage must move freely, any binding will cause trouble too. Hopefully there's no trouble with the cam gear weight assembly or the timing cover control linkage.

Helps to know what tractor your working on!!!! We can't read your mind.

Did you SYCHRONISE the carb to governor arm rod per the repair manual? If the rod is too short on that application the governor won't control speed correctly. All linkage must move freely, any binding will cause trouble too. Hopefully there's no trouble with the cam gear weight assembly or the timing cover control linkage.
I will read through the manual tomorrow and get it done Thank you

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back