Massey Ferguson 65

gmccool

I found a Massey 65 Ferguson gas setting outside for what appears to be 5 years. Exhaust is covered, Tires are good and up, Paint is a repaint but looks good but starting to weather, Seat cover and cushions are shot, Three point arms are in the down position, Steering and brake pedals seem tight, Clutch pedal a little loose. Gas tank looks rust free and the gas smells ok. Where is the serial # ? Is it worth the time to get it running? What is it worth after I get it running? Thanks Gerald

I found a Massey 65 Ferguson gas setting outside for what appears to be 5 years. Exhaust is covered, Tires are good and up, Paint is a repaint but looks good but starting to weather, Seat cover and cushions are shot, Three point arms are in the down position, Steering and brake pedals seem tight, Clutch pedal a little loose. Gas tank looks rust free and the gas smells ok. Where is the serial # ? Is it worth the time to get it running? What is it worth after I get it running? Thanks Gerald
Below is a link to the info on Tractor Data. At the bottom of the page are pictures of two possible serial number locations and a serial number/year list.

Massey Ferguson 65

They are a good tractor. As for is it worth the time to get it running. Do you want a project? Are you prepared to put some money into it?

What it is worth, after you get it running, is hard to say. How good of condition it is totally in once running, how it looks, and going prices in your area come into play with that. Options it might have such as live PTO (a two-stage clutch) can add value. I have seen the advertised for from $1000 to $5000 around New England. Those are advertised prices, actual sold prices unknown. Look at Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace as well as Tractor House and similar places, for your area, to get an idea of asking prices.

Gerald, are the shifter boots intact? Can you crack open the pan plug and the tranny plug to see if there is any antifreeze or water where it shouldn't be? Is the engine free to spin over with the fan blades? Good tractor if it's not a money pit. steve

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back