Massey Ferguson engine ID for water pump replacement

miller873

New User
I hope someone can help me identify my MF tractor. I need to replace the water pump and can't find one. The serial number below the steering wheel is 9A 89634. That seems to indicate a 1970. It is a 4 cyl. gas engine. There is a casting number on the water pump that is 37711073. On the side of the block it is stamped BILCHROME 37112620 with L169 just below it. It has a loader with MF32 I 687001579 on it. The first number on the previous set could be an I or an L or a 1, not sure. On the right side of the transmission there is 897 719 m6. On the left side of the transmission is 894 682 m3.

Any help identifying this tractor and water pump is greatly appreciated. Thanks

mvphoto107285.jpg

mvphoto107286.jpg

mvphoto107287.jpg

mvphoto107288.jpg

This post was edited by miller873 on 07/03/2023 at 07:11 pm.

Some pictures of your tractor and the engine would go a long way in helping you identify them. Use the Choose Files button located under Upload Photos/Videos, further down in the post reply area to attach your pictures, not the img in brackets.

It could be one of several models with that serial number as the 9A was used as the prefix to a number of models.

It sounds like you may have a 4 cylinder Continental gas engine.

most important,... tractor model, then engine model then you will no problem to find what your after. look for the serial number,.. not all
them numbers, it will tell u what model.

He posted: ''The serial number below the steering wheel is 9A 89634.'' That would be the location for a serial number tag on many MFs of that vintage.

BILCHROME 37112620 looks like it might be a block number for a 165/175 Massey engine. They ran in the same serial number sequence as the one posted. Again, Pictures would help.

I uploaded some pics of the pump and the tractor. Had to reduce them down and not very clear. Hope this helps. Thanks

Look on the left hand side of the block towards the front right below the headgasket area there should be a serial number stamped in the block (for example 2124625A, or 212UA4625A, or 236UA1732A).

I think it is like you said, either a AG4.212 or AG4.236. I sent pictures to the Steiner tractor tech people and they are suppose to get back to me first of the week. I have compared pics of the 212 and 236 to this tractor and it looks like it is one of those. Do you know if those two motors use the same water pump. I am trying to figure that out now. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back