Massey Ferguson Identification

AzBob

New User
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum and I am also new to "Tractor Ownership" so please be patiant with me as I may ask questions that may have obvious answers that I am just not grasping. Anyway.... Here goes, I recently picked up an old Massey Ferguson Industrial tractor and I have no idea what model or year it is. Can someone help me indentify what I have? The serial number that is located on the front panel below the steering wheel is 9A-I4I734. Thanks for any help anyone can offer :)

mvphoto108466.jpg

mvphoto108467.jpg

This post was edited by AzBob on 08/11/2023 at 04:24 pm.

Welcome to the Forums.

The serial number, 9A-I4I734, puts it in the 1972 serial number range shared by a number of MF Models. MF used I for 1 so the serial number is actually 9A-141734.

To identify the model, you will need to post a number of pictures of it. Pictures of the grill and hood, front axle, dash, shift levers, etc. Give info like the engine details (gas, diesel, 3 or 4 cylinder) and what transmission, if you know. If it has a loader on it take some with the loader raised to make the sheet metal visible better.

To add pictures, look down the page a bit from the box where you can type a reply and you will see ''Upload Photos/Videos''. Below that is a button that says ''Chose Files''. Use that button to access the pictures on your device and them. Don't use the img button above the reply box or try pasting them into the reply. There is also a photo size limit of about 7.5 MB per post, that is for one picture or the total of several pictures in any one post/reply.

In the future for info on your tractor, you also might want to drop down to the Massey Harris and Massey Ferguson Forum further down the index. There might be some MF guys down there that don't regularly visit this forum. Here is a link to it:

Massey Harris and Massey Ferguson Forum

Thanks sooooooo much. I will get some more detailed pics and post on the Massey Ferguson Forum as you have suggested. Thanks again for the information and advise.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back