Massey Ferguson MF50 Power Steering

Hoping to get some guidance...

I have a Massey MF50 -- I recently installed a new PS pump. Worked great until it didn't. Less than 30 hours on it. Cranked the tractor up this spring & the reservoir was empty on fluid. I filled it up & it was working fine, then just stopped working. Hard to steer, pump seems not to be pumping oil..
Don't know if air is in the line. seems low probability but Can someone walk me through the process to bleed the lines for Power Steering on a MF50?. The manual calls for it but doesn't give any instruction on that procedure.
Much appreciated

Hoping to get some guidance...

I have a Massey MF50 -- I recently installed a new PS pump. Worked great until it didn't. Less than 30 hours on it. Cranked the tractor up this spring & the reservoir was empty on fluid. I filled it up & it was working fine, then just stopped working. Hard to steer, pump seems not to be pumping oil..
Don't know if air is in the line. seems low probability but Can someone walk me through the process to bleed the lines for Power Steering on a MF50?. The manual calls for it but doesn't give any instruction on that procedure.
Much appreciated
If the oil level is low again in the reservoir there is a leak in hoses or cylinder.. if not the oil seal in the pump is letting oil go
in the oil sump and the oil level will going up.

Hope it helps

Joe

If the oil level is low again in the reservoir there is a leak in hoses or cylinder.. if not the oil seal in the pump is letting oil go

Hope it helps

Joe
Maybe he is lurking waiting for an answer, but this is his one and only post so far, made the day he posted it.

Hope it helps

Joe
Not trying to hijack this thread but is that the same pump they used on the 2200 forklft? Little gear pump that bolts to the timing cover. If so would you happen to know what filter it takes? Thanks for the info.

Not trying to hijack this thread but is that the same pump they used on the 2200 forklft? Little gear pump that bolts to the timing cover. If so would you happen to know what filter it takes? Thanks for the info.
Here is a link to the online parts book at the USA AGCO parts site for the Massey Ferguson 2200 forklift and the 2200 tractor, which I believe is the base for the forklift. Different engines used different power steering pumps.

MF 2200 Forklift Parts Book

MF 2200 Tractor Parts Book

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back