Massey Ferguson tea20

Nathan green

New User
Hey guys, Ive got a massey Ferguson tea 20 that is converted to a 12 volt with altenator and I think Ive got it wired up properly but my voltage is jumping all over the place and wont stay steady. Do you have any suggestions or wiring diagrams for me ? Thanks

Sounds like a bad or loose connection.

If this is a 3 wire 10SI Delco, did you use a harness plug where wire #1 and 2 plug into the side of the alternator?

The #2 wire from the BAT post is the voltage reference. If that wire is loose it will surge voltage. It needs the plastic harness plug to hold everything tight. It can be bought at any auto supply.

Any other loose connections can do the same thing. The BAT wire is a high amperage circuit, it needs to be #10 wire and firmly connected to the battery, usually at the starter switch away from the corrosive battery cables.

yes I did use an altenator clip and all
Of the connections are good. Im maybe wondering if a bad ground can cause this somewhere ?

1st time on,
have a tea 20 grey fergi , was slashing and stuipidly while going forward put it in reverse let clutch out and engine stopped and now won’t turn over, can tow, wheels run free can put in and out of gear, but motor won’t turn over, anyone can tell me what to look for or an easy fix 😂

Hello SD, welcome to YT! The question is are you sure the engine is locked or did the starting system just stop working? Try to turn the engine with the fan blade if you need to add additional tension to the belt with your free hand see if it turns. If you already tried that and it is not turning and it’s locked like you say then try this. Loosen the starter bolts enough to just wiggle the back of the starter, and see if you hear any kind of a clunking noise if you hear that, tighten the bolts again and try to start it. If it starts then all that happened was your starter locked, very common on Farmall tractors. If it still appears to be locked then you may have to remove the starter because the drive may have broken.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back