massey harris 44 puller

Engine temp would depend on what degree thermostat you had in the cooling system. Should be between 160 and 180 degrees. The book says oil pressure should be 10-20 psi.
 
There is no thermostat in my tractor and running it on the dyno the other day it got up to 200 for water temp. No thermostat should run cooler right?
 
Every thing I have ever read said to always run a thermostat, mainly to keep the engine at operating temp. An engine that runs too cool will run dirty, build carbon possible use some oil etc. Another reason I have always read is without a thermostat the water will circulate too fast through the radiator to loose heat. If you watch the coolant flow through with the cap off, it really rolls. Might even pick up some air and turn to foam, and that won"t cool. If your radiator is clean and under a hard pull on the dyno the temp reaches 200, I guess I wouldn"t worry about it. I run a 160 thermo in all my old massey tractors with decent radiators and they never overheat. The 44"s have 6 blade fans, the 30"s have 4.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top