McKee Snowblower.........

I bought a McKee snowblower, 7'6" wide model a week ago, for the 20" snow we got. Worked well behind our 4440 Deere. Great improvement over 806 and loader, the cab is WONDERFUL! Any how, i was wondering if parts were availiable for these, dont need any yet, but one big rock and its the bad news bears....Any ideas?
 
Find a friendly local welding/machine shop, as McKee went out of busness a LONG time ago.
 
Take out the shear pins, and make sure everything turns free. with the shear pins out. If everything still works without the shear pins as with them, free everything up. I always get something caught in my 7ft Lucknow snowblower, and either the shearpin goes in the pto shaft, or the shearpin goes for the auger assemblie. Hope this helps. I do this every year, to make sure everything works, the way it is supposed to. I have been using snow blowers for 30 some odd years, and never bent an auger yet. Sheared lots of shearpins though. Good Luck
 
Good old blowers in their day. I've got a 6'6" SnoLander 520.
I haven't found anythign yet that I couldn't get at an industrial/bearing supplier. Mostly just chain, bearings and sprockets. You might need to buy a blank and fit it... that kind of thing. I'm sure the gear box is just your run of the mill Hub City or something of that nature. All the 'servicable' parts you can find like that. The rest you have to make anyway...
As Bob said, McKee is gone since a LONG, LONG time.

Rod
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top