Mecum Antique Tractor Auctions

When using the county fair grounds as an auction site, their rate was 6% commission. In today's world that does not seem too bad.

Those overpriced tractors were the exception not the rule. Just like at the big car auctions. Most of those tractors that roll across the block at Mecum are pretty rough when you get up close and look at them. You can tell someone did a Rustoleum Restoration, and the prices reflected it.

My guess is that prices and participation have been falling off every year. Mecum certainly isn't going to have an auction unless they can make money, so the fact that they stopped having them means they weren't making enough money at it.

Actually its like all other farm auctions as in person live almost gone and now the chance to visit with old friends at these auctions are gone

No more. I emailed them, and they said nothing is scheduled for this year.
Any tractor guy that thinks that Mecum worries at all about the collector tractor market is definitely in dreamland and suffering from a serious case of self flattery. They're probably more trouble and bother than they're worth and as a result they've decided to pack up that part of what they do. Also a reminder that our comments here about Mecum's overpriced tractors puzzle me. I believe it's the bidders that set the selling prices, not the auction company. And not to worry about their survival, I believe they are still regarded as the world's biggest auction house for vintage and collectable automobiles.

See where the guy bought the motorcycle, then when he looked at the VIN, only the last two numbers weren't ground off.
How do they not check something that simple?

Any tractor guy that thinks that Mecum worries at all about the collector tractor market is definitely in dreamland and suffering from a serious case of self flattery. They're probably more trouble and bother than they're worth and as a result they've decided to pack up that part of what they do. Also a reminder that our comments here about Mecum's overpriced tractors puzzle me. I believe it's the bidders that set the selling prices, not the auction company. And not to worry about their survival, I believe they are still regarded as the world's biggest auction house for vintage and collectable automobiles.
The Mecum Indy automobile auction is May 10-18 this year. I always try to go, its quite a spectacle. Cheaper more humble cars sell in early days while the high dollar show is Saturday and Sunday.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back