Merry Christmas and a mouse question

First of all, MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone.

Now, about the darn mice. I have a mouse in the house that is too smart. I have sticky traps where the dog won't get to them. It won't get stuck in them.

I have put poison out, it ignores it.

I have tried using the string trick on a spring trap, it eats the peanut butter and WON'T snap the trap.

It seems to be a VERY smart mouse. What do I try next? DOUG

Merry Christmas to you.
I always tie a piece of dog food with fishing line to the spring traps then smear the peanut butter on the dog food. Hasn't failed yet.

Merry Christmas. Try a raisin, smoosh it real good into the bait hook. I have had great success and have even had the raisin last through 4 meece.

Victor snap trap, the original type with the metal bait holder. Take a cashew nut and push it into the cylinder part, jam it right in until it is full. Do this near where you want to put the trap. The crumbs will leave a trail and or attract the mouse. The mouse will eventually get to the trap and because the bait is jammed in there, the mouse will keep trying, setting off the trap. Cashews and granola works well. Not as easy to bait like peanut butter, but it will work months later, surprisingly. I had a trap set in a place I forgot, well ahead of the migration of them inside this year and had not seen any signs of mice before, but sooner than later, nailed one and it reeked after awhile, found the trap, the bait was months old. Fresher is better, but this method works well on white foot, deer or field mice around here.

Go to walley world and pick up a bunch of the Victor traps with the metal trigger. The plastic paddle is not sensitive enough. Take a pair of needle nose plyers and play with the latch mechanism on the metal trigger. Hook the bale wire with your finger nail lifting up on it. You want to make a hair trigger. Takes a little tinkering so take your time. Also found out the little buggers like Frito corn chips. Be VERY careful when you set the trap. If you gently stomp on the floor the trap WILL go off. That should do it. Just take your time. Get a load of 5he video.
mice in trap

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Use a victor snap trap, open up the bait loop a little with needle nose pliers, press a cheerio in &then a dab of peanut butter on the cheerio. Works every time for me & i reuse the traps also.

My buddy used the old victor traps with the metal pan. Stuffed bacon in the pan and fried it in place with a propane torch. He claimed the mouse would set off the trap trying to get the bacon out. Never tried it myself, peanut butter always worked for me.

This is I use except I use bacon. Works every time. Don?t get the traps with the plastic latch. Don?t work.

Get the new type Victors with the plastic paddle. My metal ones got the bait stolen all the time, but not the plastic paddle ones. It just takes a little patience setting them out because they are so sensitive.

I use the Victor snap trap with the metallic bait pan. A buddy of mine showed me how to "tune them up a little" with a pair of needle nose pliers. I am a fixer and tinkerer and had about to give up on them type traps. My buddy stopped over and gave all my traps a tune up. He is the kind of guy who can get an engine running that had set in a lake bottom.

The Coach when I was in high school had a mouse problem. he had a High Standard 9 shot. Loaded it with the bird shot. He was in his office one night and saw it on the shelf among his many trophies and opened fire. Did not ge the mouse, but most of his trophies have pits from the shot.
Let that be a lesson about guns and mice.... Use a ten gauge.

Bucket trap. Lots of youtube videos on these. Basically a 5 gallon bucket with a few inches of water in the bottom, a rod across the top, and a PVC pipe on the rod that will freely rotate. Peanut butter on the PVC pipe. When the mouse goes out on the pipe to get the peanut butter, it rolls, and splash!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back