MF 130 PTO clutch problem

Hadlowj

New User
Hi I am having a problem with the PTO section of the dual clutch on my MF 130, the first stage works fine and disengages the gear but when fully depressed the PTO does not fully disengage, it slows down a lot but does not stop, as a result when engaging the PTO when the tractor is running there is a slight rubbing/grind when its engaged. I have adjusted the pedal a bit and also done the three bolts on the clutch increasing the clearance to 75 thou following a thread on her about clutch adjustment but no difference the PTO still does not properly disengage. Does anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks

Increasing the clearance of the 3 internal bolts will make your problem worse. that increases the distance the
pedal has to travel between the first and second stage.

Ahh crap wish I had know that before I adjusted it, first tractor I have ever worked on :( whats the minimum safe clearance for it to be set to?

Recommended clearance on most 2 stage clutches is 80 to 90 Thousandths of an inch. how much free travel do you have before the first stage
starts to engage? If your pedal is traveling too far you may be forcing the second stage against the flywheel bolts causing the grinding. I
have seen that problem more than once.

I agree with Phil. Set the pedal free travel first. I had to set the internal bolt clearance at .070 on the 35 I
have to get it work properly.

The pedal has 19mm of slop before it starts to engage, which seems to match the manual, I had shrunk the gap down to 35 tho and the PTO will now slow to a crawl when the Clutch is all the way down but still doesnt stop. I will try loosening everything up and start from scratch with the tolerances the kind people here has suggested.

Many thanks
James

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back