MF 135 Backfiring!

SWMO 135

Member
OK, so I've got my bushhog leveled got it working good, got my power back thanks to Jerry & Steve. didn't finish the cutting job, so I left it parked for awhile, oh, alright a long while (month or so), went out to fire it up to finish cutting, and now the tractor starts but immediately starts to backfire sharply and dies after a minute or two! where do I start? looked for timing marks thinking that would be a good place, but couldn't find any. A little thought here would be appreciated, manual says to have it done by service co? Thanks in advance, Les
 
Replace the condenser in distributor. I had a 35 Ferguson that I tune up ran fine for 5 minutes and from than on ran as yours does it took a while to fine the new condenser was at fault.
 
Go back to running the diagnostics! Check the spark, the timing, the advance mechanism and the firing order. Make sure that you have adequate fuel supply to the carburetor, no air leaks to lean out the mixture, an the proper carb settings.
If I had to guess about your problem from here, given the info you gave, timing, advance and firing order sound like the most likely culprits.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top