MF 204 Reverse o matic

willor

Member
I have a MF 204 with the Reverse o matic. It stopped going forward and back yesterday. The foot pedal pivot going into the case is free and turning fine. I dont have the serice manual, but wanted to know where to check for the level of the trans fluid in the torque sump. I see a bolt on the right side near the pedals into the lower transmission case. Is that the fill hole and the fill level?

Thansk for any help
 
I have a user manual in PDF format which covers fluids and maintenance of the reverse o matic system. It's more than I'd care to write out here. You should really get yourself a manual because there are a lot of maintenance details that get overlooked.
I have a 202 not a 204 so I can't help you with your current question but it sounds like your machine could use a good thorough servicing. I believe it was you who posted recently that you just got the tractor and had to put in some hyd. fluid?
 
Yes it is a new machine for me and yes it needs a lot of help. Unless I can get the original service manual, I am skeptical I will have the detail I need, based on past purchases of manuals for my other tractor (TO35).
 
I agree that you would be much further ahead with an original manual. I have the I&T manual which covers my 202 and a whole host of other machines in probably less than 100 pages. The detail is not sufficient by any means.
I can email you a PDF of the owner's manual I have if you'd like. It seems to provide quite a bit of info on the reverse o matic.
 
yes that is where you check and fill the fluid by the pedals it should have a fill line marked in the case i just serviced mf 204 and it took a gallon of atf fluid if you have any questions i might answer lmk
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top