willor

Does anyone know what the pipe looking item on the front side of a MF 204 workbull is?

It is in this picture on each side under the front of the tractor near the wheel

image.jpg

I have a front loader that is a bear to get on and off and wondered if this might be something use in that process. It is hard to get the loader over the front wheels when taking it off or putting it on. Anyone have instructions on how to mount and dismount a MF 102 loader on a MF 204 tractor?

I have a front loader that is a bear to get on and off and wondered if this might be something use in that process. It is hard to get the loader over the front wheels when taking it off or putting it on. Anyone have instructions on how to mount and dismount a MF 102 loader on a MF 204 tractor?
I have no idea what that pipe is for. It's a good size to run a 3/8 chain through.

My 102 loader operator's manual doesn't give any instructions for assembly. Once the loader was mounted, it wasn't meant to be removed. Except for major repair.

I have no idea what that pipe is for. It's a good size to run a 3/8 chain through.

My 102 loader operator's manual doesn't give any instructions for assembly. Once the loader was mounted, it wasn't meant to be removed. Except for major repair.
That’s feels about right- thanks

Jim-
It's a pipe welded into the assembly, I'll take some pictures tomorrow.
No need for a picture, I understand that. That lower arrangement, with the pipe through it, shows as part of the grille support frame assembly. Does it provide some protection for the front pump, pump drive and hydraulic lines if the front bellies out in soft ground?

And I agree that industrial loaders were not meant to be removed once installed, like newer farm loaders.

No need for a picture, I understand that. That lower arrangement, with the pipe through it, shows as part of the grille support frame assembly. Does it provide some protection for the front pump, pump drive and hydraulic lines if the front bellies out in soft ground?

And I agree that industrial loaders were not meant to be removed once installed, like newer farm loaders.
I think it's some kind of attachment point. It looks like a shaft slides into it and pins to it.

Maybe for a weight bracket that was never in production? Was this front grill also used on the tug or forklift models. As I type this, I'd bet it's for the rear counter weight on the forklift.

I think it's some kind of attachment point. It looks like a shaft slides into it and pins to it.

Maybe for a weight bracket that was never in production? Was this front grill also used on the tug or forklift models. As I type this, I'd bet it's for the rear counter weight on the forklift.
Looking at the 202 forklift parts book it appears that may be the connection point, at the steering axle end, for the main frame rails which carry the counterweight(s).

Looking at the 202 forklift parts book it appears that may be the connection point, at the steering axle end, for the main frame rails which carry the counterweight(s).
Thanks for all the help everyone. I had hoped it was a mounting point for some tool to help support and slide the loader arms over the front wheels when mounting and unmounting

Thanks for all the help everyone. I had hoped it was a mounting point for some tool to help support and slide the loader arms over the front wheels when mounting and unmounting
That is not a common thing as industrial loaders on industrial tractors do not commonly get removed, generally only if needed to do major repair to the tractor. They were not designed with that in mind.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back