MF 210-4 front axle

desertflyer

New User
Doing a partial front axle rebuild due to water in the hub assembly. I was looking through the parts manual for the bearing in the top of the hub housing. the part number was 3 281 353 m1. I found this at Southern Global. But the old bearing was a thrust, a race and several loose ball bearings. it appears the the bearing force is on the wrong plane. Am I missing something? Part 14 in the attached picture.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20251227_024045216.jpg
    PXL_20251227_024045216.jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 110
The bearing is turning load and keeps two halves together bearing inside top and bottom housing is where seal is at. Is your thrust bearing once it is altogether them you tighten top to a turning load of 12 foot pounds good luck finding seals
And do t lose all the little balls inside
 
I believe you are referring to part 40/41/25 in that diagram which is another issue I have to solve but believe I have found that. this is referencing the bearing on the top of the axle, where the steering linkage attaches. I thought more weight would be at this bearing but it makes sense the the brunt of the weight is at the bearing you refer to. Thank you for your help.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top