All I sold my old Ford to get something with a FEL. I literally stumbled upon an estate sell with very poor attendance and got a good deal on a Massey Ferguson 2210.

I've been doing basic maintenance because it's at 500 hours. I bought a manual from the MF which has helped but I can not find a location to check and or fill the Hydraulic/Transmission fluid.

The FEL is Allied 595, and is tied into the factory Hydraulic system. I want to replace the two filters and change to synthetic fluid.

Can anyone help me find a Transmission/ Hydraulic dipstick/ fill location?

All I sold my old Ford to get something with a FEL. I literally stumbled upon an estate sell with very poor attendance and got a good deal on a Massey Ferguson 2210.

I've been doing basic maintenance because it's at 500 hours. I bought a manual from the MF which has helped but I can not find a location to check and or fill the Hydraulic/Transmission fluid.

The FEL is Allied 595, and is tied into the factory Hydraulic system. I want to replace the two filters and change to synthetic fluid.

Can anyone help me find a Transmission/ Hydraulic dipstick/ fill location?
Did you get an Operator's Manual or a service manual? That should be in the Operator's manual.

Jim, it's the service manual.

It depicts five plugs to drain the fluid with two filters [1 external and 1 internal] but no fill location or check level location.

Jim, it's the service manual.

It depicts five plugs to drain the fluid with two filters [1 external and 1 internal] but no fill location or check level location.
Unfortunately, I don't have a 2210 to look at or a 2210 Operator/owner Manual which is where the info you seek is most often found. It has info on the maintenance tasks, such as you are performing, which are expected to be done by operators and owners. The manufacturers and technical writers operate on the theory that the service manual will be used in a dealer's shop and that a copy of the Operator's manual will be available there to use along with it. You need to get a copy of the 2210 Operator's manual to go with your service manual.

I skimmed through the online parts book, and it showed a dipstick in the top cover of the transmission. Have you located that dipstick?

Jim,

No but I think you got me what I needed. A. I'm buying the Operator Manuel, I thought the service manual was what I needed but I guess not. B. I looked at the parts from AGCO diagram and it looks like I see a dipstick on top of the transmission thus I'll take a look and see if it's there.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back